BH's Mystery Blue Mk3 SEAT Leon Cupra 300 5 Door Manual

Bristle Hound

Aug 21, 2017
North East Uk
Hi Hope you dont mine me asking this here. but how long does it take from signing the order form to hearing from SEAT UK?

i signed the order form a week ago and asked a question to the dealer and i have had no response, not even reciept of receiving my signed order form.. I appreciate that the bad weather may have slowed things up but this is my first time leasing/ordering a new car so a bit nervy etc.

Hope you enjoy your new car too!
In my experience your going to have to chase the supplying Dealer for updates info

The only time my supplying Dealer contacted me was after my initial enquiry & to tell me my car was at the Dealer

I wasn't too bothered as I just rang the Dealer for updates
& to be fair, IMG Warrington, who I have been dealing with have been great. Nothing has been to much trouble to date

& thanks !

Davesimmons269

Feb 18, 2018
In my experience your going to have to chase the supplying Dealer for updates info

The only time my supplying Dealer contacted me was after my initial enquiry & to tell me my car was at the Dealer

I wasn't too bothered as I just rang the Dealer for updates
& to be fair, IMG Warrington, who I have been dealing with have been great. Nothing has been to much trouble to date

& thanks !

Thank you :)

I rang the dealer today and i understant the process know... Just have to be patient now :p

Bristle Hound

Aug 21, 2017
North East Uk
After a 250 mile round trip & fours hours driving, I collected the Cupra from IMG Warrington yesterday

I asked the Dealer to the leave the car 'as is' other than to remove all the transport film, which is part of the PDI, which they did
My car was filthy ! It was covered in a layer of muck with adhesive all over the place. Just like I like it :D
It had 5 miles on the clock at collection
My car came with Continental ContiSport tyres
All were dated week 41 of 17

There was a guy picking up a Ibiza & he couldn't believe how I collected a brand new car lol

nXAZ4r7l.jpg

After a 125 mile run, my first impressions
£55 worth of V-Power from 2 sticks showing on the fuel gauge

I already knew the Cupra had a mahoosive spec but seeing it in the 'flesh' blew me away
Little things like oil temp coolant temp are already configured
The interior is quite a nice place to be. Its not up to Audi standards, but it isn't an Audi ! lol

Gearbox is nice & loose & the engine pulls strongly. It felt quick enough

Lots of connect ability. 2 SD card slots, 2 USB's, 1 aux in & 2 USB charging only ports

HHA is standard as it should be on all Audi's IMHO

Cupra specific interior mats are a nice touch

Haven't even started to figure out the sat nav yet lol

The spec on the Cupra, in particular, makes other manufacturers standard spec cars look a bit silly TBH
My car is bog standard & the only extra was the metallic paint which ws included in the PCH deal

My car didn't come with the digi dash (Seats's virtual cockpit) as it was built 8 weeks early in December 2017. This was standard on all 2018 cars.
But did come with the illuminated door sills which weren't supposed to be standard until the 2018 cars!

I hadn't planned on the doing the 'new car detail' yet, but as today turned out I started today & got about 2/3 done
There was a little marring on the bonnet which was easy enough to correct TBH
A little teaser -

A6rwMMSl.jpg

More pic's & thought to come ...

Bristle Hound

Aug 21, 2017
North East Uk
Added a boot net today from a previous VAG car :D

JUnX3qJl.jpg

& changed the 12v socket in the centre console
From the SEAT one on the left to an Audi one on the right, which has the same knurled knob (oh 'er :lol:) as the stereo volume control on the SEAT

CvCxdaWl.jpg

Its the little things don't cha know :lol:

Oh & put my reflective jackets in the under seat compartments on the front seats :lol:

Bristle Hound

Aug 21, 2017
North East Uk
Forgot to mention
Turned the Soundaktor off with the Carista app

In Sport & Cupra driving mode's it sounded as tho' there was no air filter in!

TBH I found the same noise effect in dynamic mode on the Mk3 TT service loan vehicle I had

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
Forgot to mention

Turned the Soundaktor off with the Carista app

In Sport & Cupra driving mode's it sounded as tho' there was no air filter in!

TBH I found the same noise effect in dynamic mode on the Mk3 TT service loan vehicle I had

I hate that soundsktor! It makes my dash vibrate like it’s my old Ford Focus! My local dealer said they could probably turn it off next time it’s in for a service, probably charge me £60 for use of their diagnostic equip too.

I’m new to the forum and less than a year into my Cupra life... learning about carista this morning has made my day!

Lovely 300 by the way, that’s a nice colour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bristle Hound

Bristle Hound

Aug 21, 2017
North East Uk
I hate that soundsktor! It makes my dash vibrate like it’s my old Ford Focus! My local dealer said they could probably turn it off next time it’s in for a service, probably charge me £60 for use of their diagnostic equip too.

I’m new to the forum and less than a year into my Cupra life... learning about carista this morning has made my day!

Lovely 300 by the way, that’s a nice colour

Carista app is a cheaper option than OBD11 TBH

& thanks !

Bristle Hound

Aug 21, 2017
North East Uk
Surprisingly I found my 2018 Cupra 5 door only has one reversing light on the nearside even tho' there is a space (clear white section on the o/s lenses) for one on the offside which is inhabited by 3 small reflectors

Not only that but SEAT decided to use the only halogen bulb on the whole car for the one & only n/s reversing bulb

Thanks to @Jaco2k who found the following bulbs on Aliexpress
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2X-...539349.html?shortkey=Uv2mU3Uz&addresstype=600

£8.42 for the pair, altho' I only need one
17 days after ordering they arrived

No canbus errors after fitting

Standard halogen on the left
Aliexpress LED on the right

VsBtRwml.jpg

I think the 2 photo's show the difference, albeit not great in the pic's TBH

Before -

edc8HuZl.jpg

After -

IF1xksAl.jpg

Pic in the sun :D

B88ZGJ0l.jpg

Reactions: Jaco2k

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
Surprisingly I found my 2018 Cupra 5 door only has one reversing light on the nearside even tho' there is a space (clear white section on the o/s lenses) for one on the offside which is inhabited by 3 small reflectors

Not only that but SEAT decided to use the only halogen bulb on the whole car for the one & only n/s reversing bulb

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2X-...539349.html?shortkey=Uv2mU3Uz&addresstype=600

VsBtRwml.jpg

Before -

edc8HuZl.jpg

After -

IF1xksAl.jpg

B88ZGJ0l.jpg

I thought the 300 had full LED lights front and rear now. Every day is a school day

RADIOTWO

Mar 6, 2018
North Derbyshire

VsBtRwml.jpg

Before -

edc8HuZl.jpg

After -

IF1xksAl.jpg

B88ZGJ0l.jpg

"for one on the offside which is inhabited by 3 small reflectors" the three small reflectors as you say is the rear Fog light !

Bristle Hound

Aug 21, 2017
North East Uk
Just had my insurance renewal for the Cupra from, ahem, Saga, which was coming in at £367.99. An increase of £100 on the previous years quote FFS !

So after a bit of searching on 'tinterweb I've renewed with Privilege.Com for £234.08 !
Same cover as previous - Fully comp. for the good lady & I to drive, 8000/year, protected NCD, garaged & a £350 excess

Reactions: N8KOW
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members