The Ultimate guide to fitting component speakers / removing door cards.

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
Links still dead ;)

What, 11 minutes later?!

I chose to downgrade my hosting package, but apparently the only way to do this is; phone hosting company, spend 10 minutes on hold, realise you've pressed the wrong option, 5 minutes on hold, close the account, lose everything that's hosted, create a new hosting account then upload everything back to it.

Hopefully I'll be uploading everything tomorrow if I have time so it should be working then.
I didn't even realise it was still on there!

Fishy

May 16, 2005
Any idea how after removing the card I can tighten the wing mirror?

Fish

Yep, as you won't get the door card off/on otherwise, but that's easy- 3 strips of tape to hold it and 2 screws. Read my post further up about bending the tabs outwards rather than trying to get them flush. The second time I did mine I had it done in an hour.

Last edited:

M1KEH

M1KE
Oct 27, 2007
The Middle
Just a point to add, I found it just as easy to remove the window entirely rather than muck around with taping it up. Just undo the two clamps and lift the window out.

Websta

Apr 12, 2011
Looking at upgrading my speakers....but can anyone recommend some good "all rounders"??

Is it worth changing the speakers without adding an amp?

lil_pidge

Aug 12, 2008
Thanks Guys. Just removed and replaced my drivers door card using the top-notch guide! Had a rattle ever since my mirror was replaced under warranty a couple of years ago!! Finally got round to sorting it - and the rattle seems to have gone (for now!!). Thanks again for a great guide!
Cheers!

MisterMoleyMole

Apr 21, 2008
What size tweeters can be fitted in the mk2 Leon. Is the space right like in the mk1? I couldn't fit my focals in that and wondering if there is space in this one to try again?

Dec 4, 2006
Manchester
My car has manual rear windows (not electric)- does the window winder need to be removed for to get the door card off/ is there a guide for this?

Niwou

Thanx!
This will proof to be very handy tomorrow.
I need to remove door panel in order to remove mirror on driver's (RHD) side due to it breakinging off while catching on something while reversing.
Woman drivers ;) hehe

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
I think you only need to remove the long triangular fabric piece to get access to the wing mirror bolt not the whole door card, so it should only take a minute.

Niwou

I think you only need to remove the long triangular fabric piece to get access to the wing mirror bolt not the whole door card, so it should only take a minute.

Oh sweet, thanx for that!
I'll try that first.
Hope window mechanism won't be in the way.

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
Oh sweet, thanx for that!
I'll try that first.
Hope window mechanism won't be in the way.

I did mine a few months ago.
From memory you have to remove the plastic strip in the middle of the door card, then pull off the large triangular fabric piece, put the window nearly all the way up, tape the window to the top of the door, loosen glass mounting bolts, then lower window mechanism leaving glass taped at the top.
You should then be able to get to the mirror bolt. There an electric connection for the mirror you have to undo. I think there is a hole in the inner skin of the door to put a socket through to get to the bolt.

Niwou

I did mine a few months ago.
From memory you have to remove the plastic strip in the middle of the door card, then pull off the large triangular fabric piece, put the window nearly all the way up, tape the window to the top of the door, loosen glass mounting bolts, then lower window mechanism leaving glass taped at the top.
You should then be able to get to the mirror bolt. There an electric connection for the mirror you have to undo. I think there is a hole in the inner skin of the door to put a socket through to get to the bolt.

Thats good news, so it seems like I don't need to remove the whole panel.
I'll see later today how much of a challenge this will proof to be.

I'm gonna remove the mirror first then see what is all damaged and see if I can get the mirror glass of without breaking it.
Then will get all the parts we need on Monday and then refit.
Hope she'll manage to drive without the mirror for a day or two (well doesn't seem like she used it anyway :rofl: )

If I buy the mirror mechanism part, would it include the electric motor that makes the mirrors fold in?