GUIDE: The Mk2 Leon VAG-COM Guide

Alpha Charlie

Aug 3, 2016
Picked up my car today, and the dealer said it would have to go into workshop for standard safety checks that they do. I asked if they could add a couple of things via VCDS whilst it was in there, these being selective locking disabled and needle sweep enabled.

Locking has been done, but I was told my car is unable to have needle sweep activated.

Anyone know if this is for definite, or is this just a case of workshop not sure?

Car is a 2011 Leon 1.6 tdi CR SE Copa

Any help welcome.

Alpha Charlie

Aug 3, 2016
Bump

Picked up my car today, and the dealer said it would have to go into workshop for standard safety checks that they do. I asked if they could add a couple of things via VCDS whilst it was in there, these being selective locking disabled and needle sweep enabled.

Locking has been done, but I was told my car is unable to have needle sweep activated.

Anyone know if this is for definite, or is this just a case of workshop not sure?

Car is a 2011 Leon 1.6 tdi CR SE Copa

Any help welcome.

ralosc

Nov 3, 2018
Tried to turn on the leaving home lights on my MK2 Cupra as below. I can get into the long coding part fine, tick bit 5. Then go back out of the long coding helper and it’s copied the new code into the box. Press save and it says successful. But then if I go back into it to check it hasn’t actually updated the code and it’s gone back to default :cry: Any ideas?

Leaving Home Lights
This feature turns on your lights when you unlock the car (if your headlight switch is on). I believe this option is standard if you have the auto lights option. This also adds an option in the MFD lights menu for how long it will stay on.

Module 09 - Cent. Elects.
Coding
Byte 0
Bit 5 - Assistance Driving Light_Leaving Home active”

Aug 24, 2021
Hi guys.Can someone help me how to code my fog light via vcds.I change it with led bulbs and now i have error on dashboard.I try but my car is Seat Leon 1p FR 2011 Facelift and i dont know how and where... i think in facelift models have some issues and maybe i need security code.Please help.Thank u

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members