GUIDE: How to fit GTI Pedals

Chuy

Just checking guys... do you know if this part number would work (left driver)?
1K1064205? Also, do you know the footrest part number? Would it fit Well? Thanks in advance!

seremotors

Dave the Parts Manager
Mar 11, 2008
Belfast UK
www.seatcupra.net
Just checking guys... do you know if this part number would work (left driver)?
1K1064205? Also, do you know the footrest part number? Would it fit Well? Thanks in advance!

no luck - there is no rhd footrest on ETKA at all. I ordered one a long time ago for a look and it is totally the wrong shape

Chuy

Thanks anyway mate, I may be ordering my Fr arround these days and this is the first mod I have in
in mind in case

Mr.Leon

cool!!

i like this pedal set very much!!!!!

where I can find it? The posted links doens't work :(

and how many does it cost for DSG ?

thanks!!!!!!

Chuy

Try With your local VW dealer. Im sure they can get them and even fit them. Point is the price

daz_pd

Apr 15, 2007
N.Ireland
just fitted a set to my Octavia, thanks for the guide! also found it much easier if you look at the other pedal as you do it, you can see the shape of the clips.

erq55

Is it just me or you guys also cannot see the pictures provided in the ''guide'' at the start? Im interested in the picture with clips on the accelerator pedal

mikeypur

Nov 18, 2009
anyone got some pics, as they are missing from the original post..

fancy getting myself some of these

n5erd

Speed Lover
May 20, 2009
Glasgow
Jan 2012 price

Guys what is the latest price people are paying as my local vw dealer want £123 all in for the parts supply only!! Surely this is not right

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
Dave at Sere Motors quoted around the £120 figure too. I was lucky enough to get them off ebay for £50 :) Will post pictures when I have the accelerator fitted next week as its the last one I got to fit now lol

n5erd

Speed Lover
May 20, 2009
Glasgow
Pedals from ebay

Let us know how you got on with the pedals from eBay. If it is the same seller from eastern europe, let us know if they are genuine and fit without a hitch!

Cheers!

tshililow

Certified Full Member
May 10, 2010
Johannesburg, South Africa
Hi,

This is a guide to fitting Golf MkV GTI pedals to your Mk2 Leon. This guide details the DSG pedals, however the procedure is the same for you Old Skool drivers still languishing with a manual gearbox.

Also worth noting is that I took these pictures as I was removing my GTI pedals from my Leon prior to trading it in for a lovely Audi.

1. Tools you will need:
Torx T25, small blade screwdriver. Not shown: spit.

2. Remove the drivers floor mat.
Top Tip! Put the mat on the ground outside the drivers door and kneel on it to prevent muck getting on to your Chino's. If you're Rick Astley...

3. Prise this cover off using the screwdriver.

4. Undo this screw with the T25 Torx driver.

5. The trickiest bit... Releasing the two clips securing the heel part of the pedal to the car.

The clips are released by inserting a screwdriver in to these two slots. The right hand clip needs pushing towards the front of the car. The left hand clip needs bending to the right. Take a look at the following pictures to see what you will be pushing, or alternatively look at the new pedal you will be installing.
This is the left hand clip that needs bending to the right.
From the side you can see the right hand clip and how it needs pushing to the front of the car to release.
These are the pegs these clips are connected to.

6. Remove the plug from the top of the pedal.

Just pull the red tab up fully then you should be able to unplug it. Don't pull on the wires! Thats it! The loud pedal has been removed. To fit the new one, plug the wires in the top, push the clips over the pegs at the bottom of the pedal, secure the top with the Torx screw then replace the cap.

7. Other pedal(s)

These have rubber plugs that pull through holes in the pedal. Lubricate with some spit if you are a bachelor or some hairspray if you are married. Or Rick Astley.

Then hook the bottom of the pedal cover over the bottom of the pedal and push. Ensure the plugs are fully pushed through.

Thats it. Check pedals work. Grin. Open beer.

I know this is old but need help. I can't seem to see pics in this guide, can someone take me to an updated guide if there is any?
I want to order myself these pedals for my FR, and eBay has the Leon set slightly expensive tan the GTI V set? WTF if this is the same? lol.

KKG

I know this is old but need help. I can't seem to see pics in this guide, can someone take me to an updated guide if there is any?
I want to order myself these pedals for my FR, and eBay has the Leon set slightly expensive tan the GTI V set? WTF if this is the same? lol.

Mate, I bet you could do it without any pics. It is pretty easy and Ive done it in a few minutes.

And yes, the pedals for golf mk5 are the same as for leon 1p.

Cheers

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.