AndrewJB

Guide to updating RNS310 Firmware

riandris

Hi Riandris

What did You do about Your upgrade from 212 to 227?

Hi,
honestly -nothing! :D It will take a lot of time to go from 212 to ..... Hope to find some time in a few weeks to upgrade. :)

Do you have the same -212?

jov_aco

Yes I have the same SW 212. I have problem with Phone button (only mute the sound), don't show options for the phone (bluetooth connection between RNS 310 and m phone is excellent ). I hope that upgrade to 357 will fix this problem.

If I find time faster than You, I will inform You about changes.

BR

sunsear

Update from ancient version?

Hey Andrew and others,

Got a new (for me at least) Seat Altea XL 2011 last Saturday. It's equipped with a Seat media system 2.0 with an ancient version. It lists:

part: 5P0035191
VW-softwareversion: 0042
System hardware H11

Could anyone point me to an upgrade I can use to go up from 0042, or would the upgrade directly to 351 just work? Don't feel much like scrapping the unit...

Thanks!

Martin

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Try the first disc I listed but I can't guarantee it will work

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

sunsear

Heh, yeah I figured I could try that. What could be the results if it doesn't work? Can I brick my nav system?

Strollers

Hi all, I've just got a new car with the RNS310. Reading the forum and wanting the best from the system I've got, I followed your guidance and successfully updated the firmware from 227 to 351 from the excellent notes and links on the first page. However, I too have a problem with the phone and BT. My phone button only mutes so I did a bit more investigation. The BT unit I have is a 9w2 (I think this is bottom of the range and has little features) and I think it is broken. Scrolling through the menus on the steering wheel I do not get a phone page. Do you know if this is normal? I followed a guide off youtube about removing the power from it and resetting but no joy. Any ideas. Cheers

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Not sure my phone button has always muted mine until I got to the latest firmware and then now it brings up a menu

Strollers

Thanks AJB for the reply. In my post I had meant to say that I had upgraded to 357. I'll try and do it it again to see if that helps. What kind of bluetooth module do you have?

Strollers

As an update, I re-installed the 357 firmware and I have the 7 digit postcodes though still no phone menu on the RNS310 and no phone menu on the mfd. So I've got to assume either my Bluetooth module is dead or phone and maybe bluetooth is disabled in vcds. I may have access to another Bluetooth module this weekend to test.

sunsear

Upgrade successfull?

I can confirm that the first upgrade from 0042 to the first 0351 works. I now have a phone menu on the screen etc.

I did however lose speech navigation instructions during that install. Will still continue with the next steps, but is it to be expected with that version to have this problem?

Last edited by a moderator:

sunsear

I can confirm that the first upgrade from 0042 to the first 0351 works. I now have a phone menu on the screen etc.

I did however lose speech navigation instructions during that install. Will still continue with the next steps, but is it to be expected with that version to have this problem?

Reply to my own message, the upgrade to 357 fixed the audio problem. Both English and Dutch spoken instructions work perfectly. Thanks a lot for the manual!

manji

Sep 19, 2010
Portugal
Hi all,

Has anyone tried the 212 -> update?
I'm wondering if it will work, seen that sunsear managed to update from 0042.

manji

Sep 19, 2010
Portugal
Hi again,

So, after some searching I found a forum which talks about updating from 212 -> 351 and 351 -> 357.

I have not tried this yet but I'll leave the links so that eventually someone with a bit extra time would want a go at it. :)

212 -> 351
http://www18.zippyshare.com/v/47864770/file.html
Password: rns

351 -> 357
http://www73.zippyshare.com/v/53624183/file.html
Password: gpsunderground

Source: http://www.sat-ulc.eu/showthread.php?t=394265

Please let us know if you successfully apply the updates.

Thanks!

Nayf

May 11, 2014
Hi wondered if anyone could help me i have a problem :blink: ....
i got to the last update where it says about the carrier update and put the last cd back in. and nothing, device still remains on the white screen with the same message, left it for a while and still nothing and even when i take the key out the device stays on with this message, the cd dont eject and i think i have messed it up :-o. can anyone shed any light on this ?

thanks

UPDATE, worked, after encouraging the CD stuck with another i found that it actually was spinning and all of a sudden the screen updated, appears to be working fine.

Started with version 0213, then went to the first 0351, then straight to 0357

all appears to be working.

thanks for sharing!

Last edited:

Successful

shnazzle or gregdaisley have you been enable to update the RNS?

I don't know if my RNS is of type 310 or 315 but my firmware version is 0010 so im in great need of update

Does any of the patches listed here work when my fw is so low?

The car is a Ww Touran 2011

Liamwillitts

Oct 19, 2014
Hi again,

So, after some searching I found a forum which talks about updating from 212 -> 351 and 351 -> 357.

I have not tried this yet but I'll leave the links so that eventually someone with a bit extra time would want a go at it. :)

212 -> 351

Password: rns

351 -> 357

Password: gpsunderground

Source:

Please let us know if you successfully apply the updates.

Thanks!

Just done this yesterday. Second disc worried me when it wouldn't spit it out but it was still reading after the completed screen.

Now running 357 but dont see any different?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.