Location.please

Nov 12, 2017
Derby
The Bluetooth module location,I've bin told it's under 1 of the seats but it ain't in mine,just can't find it anywhere.I've got a 60 plate fr diesel dsg if that helps

cupra_ahhh

Nov 4, 2008
Tonbridge, Kent
Interesting. I know you've looked already, but my BT module is tucked under the front drivers seat, attached to the floor.

If I run my hand across the floor from the front of the seat, there's a ridge that rises up, it's the other side of that. If I put the seat all the way back to its furthest position, I can just about see the plastic / metal plate that it's attached to.

I very much doubt it'll be attached to a moveable seat, so it must be on a solid surface.

Again, I doubt it'll be in the boot of the car, it will be in the cabin. Have you checked behind the glovebox?

It's about the size of a computer hard drive, about 4" by 6". I really can't see why it would be anywhere other than under the one of the front seats. It makes no sense. But you state that your phone is still connecting to it so it?

Sorry fella, I really don't understand why SEAT would change the location of where they put the unit. Surely it would be in the same position on every Leon that has it equipped.

I'm afraid I'm going to be another person that again states that it's under the drivers seat. If it's not there I really don't know where else it would be.

Nov 12, 2017
Derby
I know this might sound stupid but could u take a pic for me pls,I've felt around and all I can fell are the plastic heater ducts.I'll have another look on Sunday with the seat off aswell

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
Push the seat all the way back. It'll be obvious if it's there or not. It's a big plastic box sat in a black styrofoam-type surround that goes all the way across the gap between the seat rails.

What stereo do you have? Some of the standard models have the bluetooth functionality built in to the stereo rather than using a separate module.

Nov 12, 2017
Derby
The Bluetooth doesn't go through the stereo,it's only on the mfd and it just disappeared,cnt see a box going across so I guess it ain't there,only plastic is from the heater vents under the seats

cupra_ahhh

Nov 4, 2008
Tonbridge, Kent
Righto, here's two pics under my drivers seat. Seat is pushed back as far as it will go. Mine's a 59 plate FL Cupra. As I said, it makes absolutely no sense for SEAT to put it in a different location in the Leon range. Surely it wouldn't be cost effective. Anyway, hope this helps. :confused:

negXHQI.jpg

BhJsdol.jpg

What radio / head unit do you have?

Last edited:

cupra_ahhh

Nov 4, 2008
Tonbridge, Kent
OK I'm thinking that if you don't have that under either seat, I'm thinking it must be incorporated into the head unit.

What head unit do you have?

I have an RCD510 unit
https://www.my-gti.com/3215/volkswagen-rcd-510-information-and-specifications

The one before I think was an RCD310; neither had built in BT but that's why it was a separate unit under the seat. As you don't have one, it must be in the head unit. You'll have to get the unit out and have a look for the BT logo / symbol on the back of it somewhere.

Regardless of whether it was appearing in your MFD, it would probably still show up there if it was a separate unit or not.

It only wouldn't show up in your MFD if it was a third party unit.

To remove the head unit you'll need to gently remove the surround.

Check out this link below for a rough guide

https://www.my-gti.com/2754/volkswagen-golf-mark-vi-head-unit-–-removal-and-installation

EDIT:
Alternatively, you'll need to get someone local with OBD11 or VCDS to plug in and check out the settings, or (I'm sure you've done this a hundred times) check the convenience settings in your MFD, maybe do a factory reset.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2017
Derby
Mine ain't that one m8,I'll take the headunit out and see what I find,let u know L8a,lol.tried factory reset already on the mfd.dnt do nothing

cupra_ahhh

Nov 4, 2008
Tonbridge, Kent
I don't think we can be anymore help.

If I can summarise and you correct me if I'm wrong.

1) You've previously had your phone connected via BT in your car and were able to see and control it in the MFD settings on your dashboard?

2) It's suddenly stopped appearing in the MFD but your phone is still connecting to something?

3) You can't see anything to do with BT on the head unit's display or in the menu?

4) You've reset the MFD settings using the steering wheel controls to factory and that's not worked or done anything in regards to the BT?

The only thing left is to know what head unit you currently have in your car. You have to take a picture of it or find out what it is and tell us so we can try and assist you more.

We don't know anything about your car or specification.

5) Did you buy it brand new?
6) Did it come with factory fitted SEAT BT already installed?
7) If you purchased it second hand, do you know if the the previous owner installed a third party BT unit to it? i.e, something from Halfords or another type that has nothing to do with SEAT or OEM.

We now need you to give us information on that head unit so we can try and eliminate options. For all we know, you could have, for example, a Parrot BT installed which means we're all wasting time trying to figure out a wrong solution to your issue.

Do you have a microphone anywhere that you can see? By the rear-view mirror or sun-visor? Or anything by the heater vents?

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.