Leon 1P FR 2010 APR stg2 low boost

Michael1995

Jan 29, 2018
Hi all,

This is my first post on this forum. I am from Denmark.

I drive a 2010 Leon FR 2.0TSI CCZB, which has been optimized. I run a Neuspeed intake and 3" turboback milltek, with 200 cell catalytic converter.

My question is, that the car only produces 258HP, but 447NM. It has 113.xxx on the clock. It has a APR stage 2 file. The boost peaks at 1.5bar at around 3100RPM, and drops all the way to 0,6bar at 6800RPM. So the boost pressure drop is quite much i think.

Has anyone on this forum experienced the same thing, or have an idea to what could be wrong? I see a lot og Golf 6 GTI with the same engine producing 280+ HP.

A massive thanks in advance to all replies!

Greetings.

Hawkers

Nov 7, 2015
Norwich, UK
I have APR stage 1 with your same engine and mine is 249bhp/277lbft which apparently is 375NM

I would say my boost rises around 3000rpm same as yours and dropping off near the top end is definitely normal. I don't have a high flow downpipe.

Have you looked at your diverter valve attached to the turbo or checked for any boost leaks. Also how is your clutch at that torque? You don't say you have an uprated one.

Michael1995

Jan 29, 2018
Clutch is handling the power fine for the moment, but Will probably die some Day. Havent checked my diverter valve, so Will do that. But im just wondering, if the DV was broken, Then the car wouldnt be able to make 1,5bar would it?
0e3441fc7e8e58f8fa234ae1f17a0efd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawkers

Nov 7, 2015
Norwich, UK
If it pulls well and doesn't suddenly drop power at peak boost then probably not the diverter valve. If you read on the golf forums then carbon cleaning is mentioned which can build up in the engine.

Is your BHP at the wheels or crank?

Have you spoken to your APR dealer, weird that you have higher torque.

Michael1995

Jan 29, 2018
If it pulls well and doesn't suddenly drop power at peak boost then probably not the diverter valve. If you read on the golf forums then carbon cleaning is mentioned which can build up in the engine.

Is your BHP at the wheels or crank?

Have you spoken to your APR dealer, weird that you have higher torque.

It pulls perfectly fine, no drop at all when you floor it. Maybe i should get the engine internals cleaned.

It is measured at the Wheels on a dyno.

My APR dealer told me that he was certain that it was a hardware failure, but as far as my mechanic can tell the car has no issues. Furthermore the dealer told me to be happy with the high torque and dont think too much about the low horsepower.. Hmm..

Michael1995

Jan 29, 2018
As far as i Can tell, your tourque is dropping quite Much too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawkers

Nov 7, 2015
Norwich, UK
It's characteristics of the turbo. Peaks quickly and gives high torque but doesn't have enough to keep it going so drops off quickly.

Jaruba

Jun 18, 2014
Finland
I ask my question in this topic!
Today I used emcs function to switch back to "normal" mode. I have only stage 1+ map (ron 98 octane) and normal map. So have U guys tried to use "normal" map after remapping because left foot braking is still working in my car...

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members