SEAT Bluetooth Compatability List

BigNick

I know, really want the N95 and cant wait for my new Leon to arrive!

Cheers for the advice, if anyone else has found a way round this, please let me know! Im sure there are plenty of people having problems with the N series connectivity.

densil

Feb 22, 2007
Does anyone know if its possible to transfer all your contacts with a fully compatible phone and then to pair a phone which is not compatible in terms of the phonebook (eg. N95) and retain the orginal contacts?

Cheers,

Steve

BigNick

Densil - from what others have posted I dont think its possible to do that as once the bluetooth is disconnect the contacts in the car are lost. I think they are uploaded each time the bluetooth connects.

chrispy

The only numbers retained are the saved voice command numbers, which have to be entered individualy via the voice command.
Great fun using voice commands with a navi sytem, not.

yak00

Not sure if this is the right thread for it, but when my mobile is connected to the car I loose the sound on the tomtom mobile which is installed on the phone.. anyone got the tomtom software on the phone working whilst phone connected to the car ?

wavman

Hi,

Just picked up my New Leon a couple of weeks ago....been playing with the Bluetooth kit with my Nokia 6233. No problems connecting (although it does go through days when it will just connect and disconnect every couple of minutes!) Phone book downloaded fine and I can call people using the controls on the wiper stick...but voice activated stuff doesn't work.

I could be doing something wrong tho! I press the voice button and say a name...its say's pardon...then gives me a list of options one of which is something like "Select Name" so I say select name and it says phonebook empty?! Very odd as the phone book clearly isn't empty! Am I doing something wrong? Is this likely to be a problem with the phone or the bluetooth kit?

Contacts are all on my phone on the SIM, but they are all showing the one default entry I have for each name.

Any ideas?:confused:

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
Hi,

Just picked up my New Leon a couple of weeks ago....been playing with the Bluetooth kit with my Nokia 6233. No problems connecting (although it does go through days when it will just connect and disconnect every couple of minutes!) Phone book downloaded fine and I can call people using the controls on the wiper stick...but voice activated stuff doesn't work.

I could be doing something wrong tho! I press the voice button and say a name...its say's pardon...then gives me a list of options one of which is something like "Select Name" so I say select name and it says phonebook empty?! Very odd as the phone book clearly isn't empty! Am I doing something wrong? Is this likely to be a problem with the phone or the bluetooth kit?

Contacts are all on my phone on the SIM, but they are all showing the one default entry I have for each name.

Any ideas?:confused:

The voice activated entries have to be done one by one mate by you, so just do the ones you most use. I made the same mistake and thought my phonebook that had loaded I could voice dial from, but you can't.

densil

Feb 22, 2007
Hi,

So its possible to enter your whole phonebook in using the stalk controls? If its possible I'm guessing that the only downside would be that it would take you forever?

Also how many voice activated entries can you have, and when you make a call using the voice activation does it display the name and number on the MFD?

Sorry for the number of questions but if anyone who hasn't got a phonebook compatible phone could explain how they manage to use the bluetooth, I would be most most grateful.

Thanks,

Steve

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
Hi,

So its possible to enter your whole phonebook in using the stalk controls? If its possible I'm guessing that the only downside would be that it would take you forever?

Also how many voice activated entries can you have, and when you make a call using the voice activation does it display the name and number on the MFD?

Sorry for the number of questions but if anyone who hasn't got a phonebook compatible phone could explain how they manage to use the bluetooth, I would be most most grateful.

Thanks,

Steve

Sorry mate, not sure how many can be manually stored.

zinc23man

Can someone tell me what the reception is like on bluetooth?
I am awaiting delivery of a Leon with this facility:clap::clap:

AL2007

Jun 6, 2007
North London (Spurs-Land)
picked up my new Leon last week which came with the bluetooth pack.

found it really easy to use without needing the instruction book. I have an old Sony Erricson and it connected to the car without any problems. Phoned the wife at home and she was amazed at how clear she could hear me, clearer then just using the phone on its own.

Im very impressed, you jump into the car, turn on the ignition and your automaticlly connected.

The voice recognition is really flash, if you know the number who your calling its great but its worth taking the time entering the numbers you call most frequently as once its done its done [B)]

Simontdi

Hi - I've used my Orange SPV M600 (made by HTC as Pyranwolf says) and it works ok - menu driven phone book, too.

Watchin FC

Jun 18, 2007
Sunny Oldham
I was playing with this last night and I think the manual says it will store 50 names/numbers that you teach it (i.e. speak the names and numbers into the phone book, rather than the bluetooth loading your phone book automatically). The name doesn't come up on the dash display though but it works well and the sound is nice and clear.

One word of caution though, make sure that the names you're storing sound distinct from one another as the system won't always recognise similar sounding names.

wavman

Has anyone got anywhere with the N73 syncing the phonebook? Am just being offered an upgrade (calling back later to confirm) and really like the N73, but will be gutted if I can't make it work with the car.

Can I sync with my old phone then start using the new one? Will the phone book entries stay in there or get wiped?

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
Has anyone got anywhere with the N73 syncing the phonebook? Am just being offered an upgrade (calling back later to confirm) and really like the N73, but will be gutted if I can't make it work with the car.

try checking the seat bluetooth compatability list HERE. the clue is in the title!!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.