EGR delete or removal

DazJohnson

Sorry to bring back an old thread, I've searched about but just after a definite answer.

I've got a Ibiza FR TDi (BLT engine) and the EGR connecting pipe has split, would it be possible to blank both side of this pipe (the one where you are fitting the reduced sized gasket), would this affect my car in any way, blanking this pipe off completely?

Daryl

Apr 12, 2010
Throws up the eml mate but makes no odds to how the car runs, mines all blanked off and the light is almost constantly on... until its remapped again

Apr 12, 2010
incidentally the pd140/170 egr delete pipe fits and retains the asv, just ordred the darkside pipe for mine

Bondiblu

Enthusiast
Mar 18, 2007
Cheshire
Yes but I think it's the blt engine that can only have the light mapped out. So the light will never come on with any faults

The BLT is harder to map out because it's electronically controlled rather than vacuum controlled. It is possible, but information for the EDC15 PD ECU's is very thin on the ground, so a lot of tuners are not able to do it successfully.

Joshh

Jan 29, 2011
I know jabbasport can successfully remove from a blt now and possibly unit 18?

Chriswaite130

Byebye TDI, Hello VTEC y0
Jan 24, 2008
Northumberland
The BLT is harder to map out because it's electronically controlled rather than vacuum controlled. It is possible, but information for the EDC15 PD ECU's is very thin on the ground, so a lot of tuners are not able to do it successfully.

Yeah its the BLT engine that is hard to get rid of the light - the ASZ engines can have the light mapped out fine.

DazJohnson I have a spare blanking plate with reduced hole that I was going to use for mine but ended up getting a delete pipe as I have an ASZ engine and am getting a custom map soon anyway - if you want it PM me your addy and I'll post it to you

Apr 12, 2010
the egr on a blt is still vac operated, the anti shudder valve is the electronic part. The pd140/170 egr delete allows you retain the anti shudder valve and hence any electrical connection

Bondiblu

Enthusiast
Mar 18, 2007
Cheshire
the egr on a blt is still vac operated, the anti shudder valve is the electronic part. The pd140/170 egr delete allows you retain the anti shudder valve and hence any electrical connection

Didn't know that, interesting. I will research a little more.

DazJohnson

I've removed and blanked off the small EGR connector pipe and like said the engine management light came on after 40miles. Scanned my car and the below fault was on.

19586 - EGR System
P3130 - 35-10 - Regulation Range Exceeded - Intermittent
Readiness: 1 1 0 0 0

I'm thinking of removing the egr system and replace it with Allard EGR delete pipe.
Thank you for your help

Willsy33

I bent my Wookie!
Dec 20, 2011
The Shire of Leicester
Again, like some, apologies for bringing this up again but...

Would it make more of a difference replacing both the 25mm gaskets (so position 6 and 11 on Figure 4 from www[dot]fabia-vrs[dot]com/technical-info/blt-engine-hesitation-fix/) with 9mm gaskets? Or would it be negligible?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members