Tyre pressures

Mike Green

Cupra crazy
May 4, 2007
Surrey
Hi all

This is the third time I have noticed this so just wanted to see what peeps general thoughts were. On my LCR I check the tyres every month or so, and each time they are reducing from 33psi to about 28-29psi. I know the LCR is a heavy car and the potholes round me are completely absurd but does this sound right to anyone?

On my old golf they practically stayed at the same level for months! I have in the last few months had new tyres put on the front, and from memory they seem to be deflating over the same sort of time!

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Mine don't change much but I always make sure they are tested when cold. I wouldn't be too bothered about topping up once a month tbh, At least they are being checked, some people seem to like driving around with tyres practically flat. Must have deep wallets :blink:

Stubbo

Nov 8, 2007
Stoke on Trent
Mike

I have the same problem every month i check me pressure and they are down by about the same amount.

Was going to take it in and have the wheels checked for weaks but just not got around to it

But like you i have a lot of potholes around by where i live so it maybe that lets see if anymore people have this problem.

CRAIGLCR

THE DADDY!!!!!
Nov 14, 2005
STOKE ON TRENT
yeh that is the cause!! every time you hit a pothole the tyre bead leaves the rim slightly, thus a loss of pressure. Bloody stoke council!!!!! get the holes filled in!!!!![:@]

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Yep mine drop by about 2-3 psi but the road i live on does looks like Baghdad high st after a bombing run

Mike Green

Cupra crazy
May 4, 2007
Surrey
Cheers for all the responses. Good to know its not just mine and no huge fault.

When I hit a pot hole I get so annoyed![:@]. All the council seem to do is put white markings round them every once in a while then leave them - I thought these might be magic white markings but nope as usual nothing is done.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.