Warranty advice. Is it a Friday Car?

foxy367

May 12, 2007
Wigan
I have a 2006 FR tdi. So far the list of complaints has been (inc stealer visits)

1. Emission Control System warning light came on and stayed on
  2. Went into stealer they hooked it up to the computer said it was DPF regenerated it and tried to charge me.
  3. Light Came back on car went back in. Stealer reset the computer sent me on my way
  4. Light Came back on again. Told them if they didn't fix it they could keep it.
  5. Stealer Changed the Emissions control Sensor.
  6. Wet Windows. Asked stealer to change the window seals. They reluctantly did, still leaks still have wet windows. (Apparently this isn't common according to Seat)
  7. Dash developed a bad rattle, repaired at the next service.
  8. Alarm started going off randomly at all hours Neighbours probably hated me for a while!!!
  9. Took the car in again, The door lock regulator or something was changed.
  10. Got the car back with a bad wind whistle noise to the drivers door.
  11. Car went back in again, had a new Door seal.
  12. Emissions control light came on and stayed on again.
  13. Stealer updated the software and regenerated the DPF.

That was a week ago and all seems well so far.

And I've got rusty hubs. :cry:

What do I do? I have had the car for 15 months as an ex-demo. I can't believe that a £18k car which is part of the VAG can be so problematic. I am now on speed dial to the dealers and when I ring they know the car when I tell them my name. I was going to write to Seat UK but can't find an address!

Am I being overzealous? Normally when you go onto a motoring forum you will get complaints about certain parts of the car but everyone on this forum I have experienced I think! Has any one had similar problems or got any advice what my next move should be?:confused:

Thanks

Dec 15, 2007
South East London
Does sound like you have a real duffer.... Im sure if you get on to Customer Services you can at least get something out of them for all this hassle... free service some free bits and bobs.... If all else fails just keep going to your local Stealer when its busy and making your feeling heard (loudly)

Really sorry to hear of your experiences, i have the same car and so far nothing at all to report...

140SPORT

Aug 22, 2007
I have had some problems with my DSG TDI 140i ncluding having to have the whole inside taken out and mine was an ex seat car with 9k on when i bought it from a Seat main dealer.
Seat themselves are not interested in there customers and i had a VW Golf before they were just as bad ,This is unfortunate as i really like the car but if Honda or some other manufacturer made a decent TDI with an auto as good as this dsg i would swap as i now believe VW just do not have very good build quality and customer service like Toyota/Honda/Subaru etc.

140SPORT

Aug 22, 2007
Yes i know they make a good engine but as i said NO one makes a gearbox mated with a TDI Engine including Honda that is Auto the same as a DSG is.

foxy367

May 12, 2007
Wigan
foxy, how many miles has ur TDi FR done, this is for reference. just in case i get to that stage and have the same problem :s

It has just clicked over 36,000 miles.

I had 2 Golf PD150 diesels before and VW were as bad to be fair customer service wise but the cars seemed more reliable. Having read about Subaru on the JD Power surveys might just wait for the Impreza Diesel WRX to come out and jump ship.

The scary thing is all the people on this forum (who I'm sure are not the only ones) have had problems Seat know these problems and yet have done diddly squat about and when you ring them they just fob you off. It really gets my goat!!!!

Are we expecting too much of a £18k car that it is reliable as well as nice looking?!?!?!?!?

Nathanio

May 26, 2005
West Sussex
www.w1pcs.co.uk
It has just clicked over 36,000 miles.

I had 2 Golf PD150 diesels before and VW were as bad to be fair customer service wise but the cars seemed more reliable. Having read about Subaru on the JD Power surveys might just wait for the Impreza Diesel WRX to come out and jump ship.

The scary thing is all the people on this forum (who I'm sure are not the only ones) have had problems Seat know these problems and yet have done diddly squat about and when you ring them they just fob you off. It really gets my goat!!!!

Are we expecting too much of a £18k car that it is reliable as well as nice looking?!?!?!?!?

Doesn't matter if you spend 18k or 40k you can recieve bad customer service anywhere.

My dad used to have a Volvo XC90 and the customer service from the Volvo garage nearest (next one was an extra 50mile round trip!) was abmissmle. It was so bad after 18mths of ownership he got rid of it. It spent more time in the dealers than it did on the road. The only reason he kept it that long was becuase of the fact that he had won it! If he had parted 35k of his own cash on that car and had those problems he would have got shot of it along time before that!

Merc Benz and BMW has/had/do have terrible customer service as well.

IMO 18k isn't much to spend on a car in the grand scheme of things (not that I have that much to spend on one!) but doesn't mean you shouldn't expect the car to be well made.

Kings Seat Pompey is an excellent dealer yet how many people on here have moaned about their local ones?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.