Options affecting Leon lead times

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
Ewen, who told you yours was in transit?

I spoke to Raheel earlier and mine still isn’t built. Hopefully it will be this week.

He still wouldn’t discuss any goodwill gesture. I mentioned that a few on this forum has received phone calls about it, but he said he had no knowledge of that, and that neither he, or any of colleagues at SEAT UK, would be able to authorise that without the car being delivered first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Luke.

Out of the blue I got a call from a lady called Tara who said she “had been passed the case from Raheel” and “had been authorised to offer a goodwill gesture for the delay”. I was actually expecting a call back from Raheel, but the call from Tara came completely out of the blue. Up until that point I too had been expecting only to hear about a goodwill gesture after delivery of the car. They won’t send a cheque until delivery has been confirmed, mind you.

Tara mentioned on the call the possibility of a hire car, but I actually bought a 15 year old Yaris for £400 which has been working fine to keep me on the road, so I declined. I rang her back a couple of days later and said it had broken down, and she arranged to get me a hire car which was delivered the same day. Now I have a Golf GTI until I collect my Leon on 3rd March.

Tara told me on the same call about the hire car that my car had been built and was now in transit from the factory. Not sure I’ll believe that until I get a call from the dealer saying it’s arrived :D

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Hi Luke.

Out of the blue I got a call from a lady called Tara who said she “had been passed the case from Raheel” and “had been authorised to offer a goodwill gesture for the delay”. I was actually expecting a call back from Raheel, but the call from Tara came completely out of the blue. Up until that point I too had been expecting only to hear about a goodwill gesture after delivery of the car. They won’t send a cheque until delivery has been confirmed, mind you.

Tara mentioned on the call the possibility of a hire car, but I actually bought a 15 year old Yaris for £400 which has been working fine to keep me on the road, so I declined. I rang her back a couple of days later and said it had broken down, and she arranged to get me a hire car which was delivered the same day. Now I have a Golf GTI until I collect my Leon on 3rd March.

Tara told me on the same call about the hire car that my car had been built and was now in transit from the factory. Not sure I’ll believe that until I get a call from the dealer saying it’s arrived :D

very good, you seem to be getting looked after very well.

Despite having the same confirmed build week as you, and ordering before you, my car is yet to be built, there’s been no mention of goodwill and nobody has contacted me to arrange a courtesy car despite the fact VWFS are expecting my Leon back in 3 weeks.

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
very good, you seem to be getting looked after very well.

Despite having the same confirmed build week as you, and ordering before you, my car is yet to be built, there’s been no mention of goodwill and nobody has contacted me to arrange a courtesy car despite the fact VWFS are expecting my Leon back in 3 weeks.

Up until that first call from Tara though, SEAT have been an absolute :censored: to deal with. They repeatedly told me the wrong info about making changes to an order which resulted in me getting into a spat with the dealership that was totally unnecessary. I think getting the hire sorted so quickly, and letting me keep it until the end of Feb, might have been a way of saying sorry.

The whole experience has been so inconsistent, I’m not surprised you’re still having difficulties but I do hope that they get in touch with you soon. Maybe call and ask for Tara? :think: Might also be worth asking about the mobility/hire to keep you on the road if you need to give your current car back. They sorted the hire for me incredible quickly - I was pleasantly surprised given my experience so far.

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Up until that first call from Tara though, SEAT have been an absolute :censored: to deal with. They repeatedly told me the wrong info about making changes to an order which resulted in me getting into a spat with the dealership that was totally unnecessary. I think getting the hire sorted so quickly, and letting me keep it until the end of Feb, might have been a way of saying sorry.

The whole experience has been so inconsistent, I’m not surprised you’re still having difficulties but I do hope that they get in touch with you soon. Maybe call and ask for Tara? :think: Might also be worth asking about the mobility/hire to keep you on the road if you need to give your current car back. They sorted the hire for me incredible quickly - I was pleasantly surprised given my experience so far.

Yeah you had had a rough time of it!

I think I will call and ask for Tara actually. The fact Raheel explicitly said no goodwill gesture would’ve been discussed or arrange by SEAT has annoyed me, when clearly it has.

To be honest, this is all the least of my worries at the moment, the bloody buyers of my flat pulled out last minute, and as I had to rent it out because I moved for work, I had to ask my tenants to leave. Now it’s empty and I’m having to move out of my place just to keep paying the bills on the empty place!!

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield

I think I will call and ask for Tara actually. The fact Raheel explicitly said no goodwill gesture would’ve been discussed or arrange by SEAT has annoyed me, when clearly it has.

To be honest, this is all the least of my worries at the moment, the bloody buyers of my flat pulled out last minute, and as I had to rent it out because I moved for work, I had to ask my tenants to leave. Now it’s empty and I’m having to move out of my place just to keep paying the bills on the empty place!!

Oh what a nightmare :(

Well hopefully some better news for the car soon will take care of at least one trouble.

Carlosram

Sep 29, 2017
Derby
I've spoken to the dealer today to enquire about adding Convenience pack plus, I thought it would be a long shot as I ordered at the end of October and it turns out that as expected I can't.

On the plus side the last time I spoke I had an unconfirmed build week of 8 but now that has been changed to unconfirmed week 5 and the dealer thinks that it should be built within a week of that. She said that it will probably be delivered towards the end of February, perfect timing for picking up on the new plate in March.

BenWilliams21

Ben Williams
Aug 12, 2017
Hertfordshire
I've spoken to the dealer today to enquire about adding Convenience pack plus, I thought it would be a long shot as I ordered at the end of October and it turns out that as expected I can't.

On the plus side the last time I spoke I had an unconfirmed build week of 8 but now that has been changed to unconfirmed week 5 and the dealer thinks that it should be built within a week of that. She said that it will probably be delivered towards the end of February, perfect timing for picking up on the new plate in March.
Same as ours then. Still unconfirmed week 5, should be ready mid Feb but collecting march all being well

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Carlosram

Sep 29, 2017
Derby
Same as ours then. Still unconfirmed week 5, should be ready mid Feb but collecting march all being well

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I see you ordered about the same time as me as well. I'm getting a little excited about it now, I've even been looking at private registrations my favourite up to now is FR18 RAM at £399, I bet you can guess where I am from ;).

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Still no news on mine being built and shipped. Looks like my confirmed build week has been and gone ☹️

Last edited:

Dyno2012

Nov 4, 2017
Some of the lead times do seem inconsistent.

I ordered mine (ST Cupra 2WD no options other than paint) on 7 Nov. Am told build is w/c 22 Jan. Quicker than I expected.

Given varying lines on digital cockpit. Initially told wouldn't have it as only orders from 20 Nov, I queried this as was in brochure when I ordered (just) and would have waited two weeks if I'd known. Dealer contacted support and confirmed it will have it.

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
Ordered my 1.2 TSI SE Dynamic Tech 5 Dr in Mystery Blue. With several options:

LED Headlights
Park Assistance Pack
Convenience Pack Plus
Full Link
Electric Folding Mirrors
Spare Wheel Kit

Been told 15-17 weeks for delivery and will be updated when there is progress from dealer.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

CAPS_LOCK_STUCK

Aug 11, 2017
Worcestershire
Still no news on mine being built and shipped. Looks like my confirmed build week has been and gone ☹️

To be honest I wouldn't write off the fact that it may well of been built, I was trying to get any form of communication off my dealer from week 8 to 11 (from my order date), so at that point I naturally thought without any communication that I too had huge delays, then eventually in week 11 I got an e mail saying it had arrived in a UK port and would be available for collection within 7 - 10 days.

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
To be honest I wouldn't write off the fact that it may well of been built, I was trying to get any form of communication off my dealer from week 8 to 11 (from my order date), so at that point I naturally thought without any communication that I too had huge delays, then eventually in week 11 I got an e mail saying it had arrived in a UK port and would be available for collection within 7 - 10 days.

Well I spoke to Raheel on Wednesday/Thursday and he said it hasn’t been built and wasn’t able to give any more information than that.

I rang my dealer on Friday and was told the chap I usually speak to would call back but he didn’t.

Find it odd how people who ordered after me have had phone calls about goodwill gestures too. Raheel completely denied that any goodwill would’ve been offered before delivery.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield

+1 for Tara I have to dealt with her via fleet\seat finance.
She originally contacted me to sort out my next lease and has extended my current lease until the 300 arrives.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Well I spoke to Raheel on Wednesday/Thursday and he said it hasn’t been built and wasn’t able to give any more information than that.

I rang my dealer on Friday and was told the chap I usually speak to would call back but he didn’t.

Find it odd how people who ordered after me have had phone calls about goodwill gestures too. Raheel completely denied that any goodwill would’ve been offered before delivery.

Also spoke to my dealer about the goodwill gesture I was offered from SEAT (without going into specifics)
The dealer knew nothing about my specific case but wasn't surprised.
He then explained the process and told me I would receive a cheque for £250 once the car arrives, which matched what I was told over the phone.

Back to the waiting game.

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
I wonder why nobody has contacted me? Perhaps I’m not shouting loud enough.

Looking at the spreadsheet I was the first to order on 25th June (minus Brew3144).

If it does arrive mid Feb like I’ve been told then I would’ve waited 7 and half months and extended my current car finance twice, which they’re now refusing to extend again.

I was told, and I have emails to back it up, that I would have the car “around 7-21 October” as the lead time was “16-18 weeks”.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I wonder why nobody has contacted me? Perhaps I’m not shouting loud enough.

Looking at the spreadsheet I was the first to order on 25th June (minus Brew3144).

If it does arrive mid Feb like I’ve been told then I would’ve waited 7 and half months and extended my current car finance twice, which they’re now refusing to extend again.

I was told, and I have emails to back it up, that I would have the car “around 7-21 October” as the lead time was “16-18 weeks”.

That is excessive. The only reason I can think of for being contacted is the amount of queries I've left with SEAT CS through the website and over the phone regarding my order and Digital Cockpit, Alexa build weeks e.t.c

At the end of the call they've always asked for my details for their system and I've supplied them with my order number countless times..

Just keep chasing it mate if you can as you have more of a case than I do.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.