Infotainment system question

ayrshiredude

Dec 2, 2017
For those of you whow have the 8" infotainment system is it possible to have the system alert you to an incoming text message then read it out for you? I'm talking about when your phone is connected via Bluetooth and not using cable/android auto.

Can't seem to get it to notify me when a txt is recieved or read it out. I find it hard to believe it can't do that as my last 5 cars have been able to do it.

Thanks

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Surely it must. I've only got the 6.5 and there is a text option in the phone menu.

Cant go look unfortunately, I wont have access to my car for the next 6 weeks.

Woksin

Dec 13, 2017
Leicestershire
For those of you whow have the 8" infotainment system is it possible to have the system alert you to an incoming text message then read it out for you? I'm talking about when your phone is connected via Bluetooth and not using cable/android auto.

Can't seem to get it to notify me when a txt is recieved or read it out. I find it hard to believe it can't do that as my last 5 cars have been able to do it.

Thanks

Saw an advert for the arona the other day, ther showed talking text messages, so I presume yes!

ayrshiredude

Dec 2, 2017
if I'm on any screen and my phone gets a txt there is nothing on the screen to let me know or offer to read it out. Seems unlikely these days it can't do that

Cadwest

Jan 16, 2018
Yep the wife’s Ibiza does not tell you that a text message has been received unless you are in android auto or CarPlay. In this day and age it should at the very least give you a notification sound, ive noted that the wife’s android phone itself gives a notification sound but my iPhone does not.

Also I’ve selected the phone option in mfd between the speedo and rev dials and nothing shows there as well.

Last edited:

ayrshiredude

Dec 2, 2017
Spoke to the Service guy at my local dealer yesterday about this and he didn't know. He used the words perhaps and mayby a lot. My last 5 cars have been able to do this and I find it hard to believe that such a basic feature would be missing from VW's high end system.

farrar

Mar 18, 2005
Spoke to the Service guy at my local dealer yesterday about this and he didn't know. He used the words perhaps and mayby a lot. My last 5 cars have been able to do this and I find it hard to believe that such a basic feature would be missing from VW's high end system.

Why not just use Apple Carplay / Android Auto?

ayrshiredude

Dec 2, 2017
Why not just use Apple Carplay / Android Auto?

It only notifies and reads out txts if your in the actual Android auto screen. If your listening to the radio or tracks from my USB drive it still won't notify you.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise