Front drivers side wheel arch liner catching and boot question

SteA

Jan 12, 2016
Shrewsbury
Morning, I wonder if anyone can help with a few issues I have:

1. On full left lock, my front wheel has been catching and gradually wearing away the arch liner (upper half facing laterally). I took the wheel off and removed the liners to see why and I can’t see a solution to the problem. The issue “appears” to be because the screenwash pipe for the front lights comes out of reservoir, runs on the outside of the chassis (there is a slight depression that it kind of sits in) and is causing the liner to sit out a bit. The problem is, I can’t see any way to rectify it, all screws are tight / flush and there doesn’t look like there is any other route for the pipe. There are two odd metal clips on this bit of the screenwash pipe, but can’t for the life of me figure out their purpose. I may just be being really dopey, but it does look like it came out of the factory like this?

2. When I first lift / open the boot up, it squeaks and feels like it’s catching (rubber?), again, I can’t figure out on what :blink:

Any inspiration for what I guess should be simple issues will be appreciated :D

zeffania

Nov 4, 2016
2. Have you tried removing the strut. I replaced mine recently for the stronger version so that the boot now pops and found they nippes that you connect to are quite dirty/rusty. I gave them a good clean and now I don't get any noise. Yours might just need a clean. They pop off with the aid of a flat head screwdriver.

SteA

Jan 12, 2016
Shrewsbury
2. Have you tried removing the strut. I replaced mine recently for the stronger version so that the boot now pops and found they nippes that you connect to are quite dirty/rusty. I gave them a good clean and now I don't get any noise. Yours might just need a clean. They pop off with the aid of a flat head screwdriver.

Thanks, I will give that a try!

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex

Finally ordered these today as I was sick of the squelching noise

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.