Personal leasing - some daft questions

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Got a little insurance question for those who might have done this before.

For various complicated reasons I'm going to end up getting my new lease car before I can sell off my current one. For insurance purposes I'm thinking the best way to do this is to transfer over my current policy (with its no-claims discount etc) which runs until May to the new car and take out a new policy for the current car until I've sold it.

I'm hoping to have it sold within a week or so which means I should be able to cancel the cover with only a small outlay. From what I've read I think there's usually a 14 day cooling off period with a reduced admin charge for cancellation in that period.

I did get some quotes for short-term insurance cover but the prices were a joke (£80-£100 for a week) so I don't think that's a good plan.

I'm with Admiral and they have multi-car cover so I guess that might cut the cost more than having two separate policies as well.

Any thoughts?

Speak to the insurance company and explain the issue.

A few years back I added my dads car to my policy for two weeks - cost me about £50.

EDIT - for clarity - his insurance had expired - he had a heart bypass op and was still in hospital.

Last edited:

julian24110

Jul 16, 2009
Cornwall
Thanks for the responses, putting my mind at rest, some of the leases seem so cheap I'm trying to find the catch.

My next problem is trying to locate a Cupra to test drive. No dealers within 100 miles of me have one and there's hardly anything on the independent / private sale market anywhere in SW England!

pavarotti1980

Jul 18, 2017
Thanks for the responses, putting my mind at rest, some of the leases seem so cheap I'm trying to find the catch.

My next problem is trying to locate a Cupra to test drive. No dealers within 100 miles of me have one and there's hardly anything on the independent / private sale market anywhere in SW England!

Just take a punt and order one without a test drive :p

Suzuki_kid_1984

Jan 23, 2018
Devon

Julian I had the same problem, closest dealer to me who had one was Snow's in Poole (120 miles).. I did arrange a test drive but ended up cancelling it in the end as they only had the ST and I was after the hatchback.

I ended up just ordering one [B)]

chrisjgill

Dec 13, 2007
Skipton
Did anyone add any options when ordering a lease deal?

Also, was metallic paint included? Deals in have seen show this as a cost option

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
Also, was metallic paint included? Deals in have seen show this as a cost option
Metallic paint is free on some models on Contract Hire through SEAT Finance/VWFS (UK) Ltd

Ibiza SE/SE Design/SE Technology
Arona
Leon SE Dynamic/FR/XCELLENCE/CUPRA
Ateca XCELLENCE

Suzuki_kid_1984

Jan 23, 2018
Devon
Personally I didn't as signed up to the 2yr lease offer via IMG website. Maybe if the term was longer I might have, but I also wanted to keep the payments reasonable. They did say any colour was included in the price, but have seen it varies from site to site.

hitchygolf1971

May 4, 2017

Yes mine included metallic paint and had no extras cant see the point on a lease car when your handing it back.

But rather than put a big payment down I went for a 1+35 contract rather pay more a month than £2k down payment and have the money in my bank

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield

Yeah I was one of the foolish ones :) but I originally budgeted for a larger deposit and very surprised to find out that they only wanted £249 for the standard car.

Have 24 month deal and spec'd up a fair amount of extras.
So I've put down over just over 2k in total and paying the £250 per month.

Metallic paint was included in my deal although there was a question mark over the red as it was slightly more expensive.
It was suggested I may have had to pay the difference (Which was about £25)
I later found out red would have been free too.

marcuscupra300

Jan 23, 2018
Hi, I lease 2 Seats at the moment an Ibiza I have had for a year and I have just ordered a Cupra.
The Ibiza is a 1.2 110hp FR Technology in Monsoon Grey on a 3+24 Policy. It cost me £155.00 per month. The Cupra is an Orange DSG 5Dr on a 3+35 policy and cost me £282.00 a month. Both cars are through Nationwide Vehicle Leasing

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members