Guide to LCR 210/225 differences

whitcherjoe

sorry bit stupid to all of this. there was like a ring coming off the left side off the block with amk engraved on it. i bought the car in birmingham. the reg is WA03 VHU. its got the cd player the tear drop mirrors red band round the steering wheel nd the perforated gear knob. but it has the blk cupra r badge and oval mat clips the car colour is grey

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Someone else mentioned they had oval pegs on a 210... Red banded wheel is a popular upgrade.

The engine code is STAMPED on the engine/head, it's not on a ring tag. Checked the sticker in the boot?

I doubt it is a 225, with it being on an '03, unless someone was REALLY deparate to get it registered.

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Dunno, but I think you can call tracker and ask them - obviously they would be interested in getting it reactivated...

P.S. That's not really a "differences" post, you'd have been better starting your own thread.

Last edited:

br0wny21

so is everyone saying the engines the same as the 180 vt but uprated parts.
sorry just lookin to add parts from 210/225 to my 180 anyone got any ideas?

Jerry*

Aug 12, 2009
Leeds
Why would you want a tracker of it doesn't benefit your insurance?

Having a tracker is not just about insurance. It may be to some people but not everybody.

Surely by this logic there's no point in the OE Thatcham Cat 1 alarm and door locks then if they don't get you a hefty discount on your insurance policy?

Just because your car is stolen it doesn't always mean that it will be ragged half to death by some baseball capped chav scum. Many desirable cars are stolen to order and are therefore required to be in pristine condition.

Many people do want their pride and joy back as soon as possible if it is stolen and Tracker technology is generally that good nowadays that many thieves are apprehended before they get chance to do any damage.

Insurers like trackers because in many cases if a car is stolen it can be recovered and therefore they only have to pay for repairs and not a total loss, thus meaning they make more money and can keep premiums down. Because of this they really should offer bigger discounts for those of us that fit and use trackers on their cars, but this isn't always possible.

Its all down to the individual. Some of us wouldn't want their car back if it got nicked and yet others would. Some people are only interested in security on cars if it brings their premiums down - others like the peace of mind decent security on their car gives them.

J:)

Jerry*

Aug 12, 2009
Leeds
The LCR225 I bought in November 2003 had a Tracker Horizon on it as part of the deal. I later found out that it wasn't much use as until I knew the car had been stolen it would not be activated. I assumed it would have been activates as soon as the alarm went off.

Then in 2004 they offered a SmartNav on some LCR's. I'm not sure about the detail on this as I didn't have one.

In late 2004 through to mid 2005 you got a day at Prodrive, Warwickshire (SEAT driver training day with Seat Cupra Championship drivers - I had Alan Blencowe!), 2 tickets to a BTCC meet with VIP, and 2 SEAT jackets.

I'm not aware of any other deals. After that the prices just dropped to clear the run out.

I am not aware of any LCRs that were sold with the Tracker Horizon system fitted, unless some dealerships fitted them as part of some promotional deal. The only tracker system that came with the later LCRs was TRACKER RETRIEVE, which was the basic tracker system at the time.

Tracker Retrieve can only be activated by the Tracker call centre after you have asked them to do so, and this suggests that the tracker device fitted to your car was Tracker Retrieve :)

Tracker Retrieve retailed at about £199 at the time and you paid the annual subscription on top. Tracker Horizon was a much more modern device and used GPS technology and retailed at over £500 + subscription. This system activated automatically if the vehicle was moved when activated. The first thing you would know about it was when the Tracker call centre phoned you to tell you that your system had activated and that they were monitoring it.

JamJay

California Bound
The side repeators are different. The 225's have chrome with an orange lens for the bulb, giving the repeater a more orange look when not lit. The 210's have chrome again but are completely chrome with no orange lens for the bulb. IMO the 210 repeater looked alot better and I assume that 225 uses an clear 501 bulb which is lit orange by the lens and the 210 has an orange 501 bulb.

h7 cya

Jun 3, 2009
Hello,
can any one tell me how BAM is 12hp more? is it just a different map or just nonsense?

h7 cya

Jun 3, 2009
Also sorry to throw a spanner in the works but ive got an 04 plate r and i have a tracker folder and the card clearly states tracker Horizon. perhaps it was an upgrade requested by the forst owner from the standard Tracker Retrieve system?

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
Its all down to the individual. Some of us wouldn't want their car back if it got nicked and yet others would. Some people are only interested in security on cars if it brings their premiums down - others like the peace of mind decent security on their car gives them.

I could understand the reference to 'decent security' if the system put the car thief off stealing your car or tried to help prevent them stealing it, however it doesn't.

I'm just not sure how a tracker of this nature would give me 'peace of mind'.....perhaps if I had some faith in the justice system that thieves would be caught, prosecuted, convicted and get a decent sentance I 'might' be more convinced that it had some worth......whether that worth is £199 + annual subscription?? not IMO :shrug:

andycupra

status subject to change
i have a tracker on mine, - it cost me £35, uses a PAYG sim and i simply text it and it sends back its exact coordinates in about 10-15 seconds.

No annual fee blah blah blah.

Tested it after fitting and it, enter coordinates on google maps / satelliteand it identified the exact space the car was parked in a car park.

Why pay loads for a system that is not much cop?

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.