FR LOVER
Jun 10, 2009
County Durham
Last edited:
Reactions: LeighPing1

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
Auto-windows; press and hold the lock (to close) or unlock (to open) button to open/close all four windows

Reverse; Yes, your rear wiper does automatically wipe once when you select reverse (took me by surprise the first time)

Stereo Settings Save; brilliant, i've found that my ipod needs the stereo set up differently to the radio and different to the CD player, also, i'll have different settings for if i'm in the car on my own to when i've got passengers.

[might i suggest that you compile all the suggestions into a single list in your original post, possibly grouped in some manner when the list gets bigger to facilitate finding the relevant info]
[also, may be useful to get a definite list of the bulb types required for each bulb on the different models all in one place]

garethrobson

FR LOVER
Jun 10, 2009
County Durham
there are a lot of cool little things that arent explained very well in the manual and a lot of people dont know them including me. I love finding out a cool feature from here i always think "oooh that sounds cool i wish i knew that earlier" haha :p

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
It is a "reset" button essentially. others could tell you in more detail, but it can also be used to activate the speed alert feature.

If you press and hold it it resets the trip computer (can someone clarify if it resets both trip computers or just the one selected.. i've never bothered to check)
It also swaps between trip1 and trip2 if pressed briefly (for ave mpg, ave speed, trip distance)

If you go to the speed alert screen (---mph) and press it, you can then use the up/down buttons to set a speed, above which the car will bong at you (suppose it's handy for ave speed cameras if you don't have CC, or perhaps have it set at 95mph so you know if you're approaching the license losing point :lol:)

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
I've used the speed bong a few times, just gets annoying! Which I guess is the point.

I've only got an ECO, so I doubt its got all the fancy extras lol

How do you activate the coming home lights? AND the autolock feature?

I DO like the boot button on the remote. Where fi the car is locked, you press this button, it unlocks the boot, you open it and when you close it it auto locks again. :)

Mike

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
Auto-lock is exactly that, if you unlock the car but then don't open a door within a certain period it automatically relocks the car for you.

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
There are quite a few nifty features this is a good idea. Edit your first post when we get them all to give full instructions to activate them.

Nice one mate.

garethrobson

FR LOVER
Jun 10, 2009
County Durham
will do :)

actually the auto lock feature isnt where it locks if you dont open a door, it is when the doors lock for you automatically when you drive away...

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
yeh :) can be a pest though if u open them from far away then they lock by the time u get there :p haha

Haha, i often play the "can i beat the lock" game.
Need to test to see if it'll lock once the doors are shut after a certain period of time, according to the AA man that came out to look at my car once, some cars will do that and end up locking keys in the car... don't want to be caught out!

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
shamelessly pilfered from another thread on here by ibizasc-chris (hope you don't mind) but thought it might be more useful to put it with all the other info in here.. (my notes in red) (Alt. bulb code in blue)

extract from the manual.

Double Headlamps: Bocanegra / Cupra / FR / Sport / SE / Ecomotive
Dipped beam - H7 Long Life
Main Beam - H7
Sidelights - 2x W5W Long Life 501
Indicator - PY21W 581

Single Headlamp: S / S(a/c)
Dipped / Main - H4 Long Life
Sidelights - W5W Long Life 501
Indicator - PY21W 581

Xenon Headlights / Self Adjusting Optional Extra
Dipped and Full Beam - D1S
Sidelights - W5W Blue Long Life 501
DRL (Daylight) - P21W Super Long Life 382
Indicators - PY21W 581

Fog Lights
Fog Light Cornering - HB4

Rear Lights
Fog Light - P21W 382
Reverse Gear - R10W 245
Brakelights - P21 / SW Long Life 380
Sidelights - P21 / 5W Long Life 380
Indicator - PY21W 581

Side Indicator
Side Indicator - W5W 501

Registration Plate Light
Registration Plate Light - W5W 501 Sport / SE (unconfirmed) / Ecomotive (unconfirmed)
Registration Plate Light - Festoon x2 264 Bocanegra / Cupra / FR (unconfirmed)

Interior Lights
Centre Light - Festoon 264
Map Lights - W5W 501

[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Dave217

Ibiza Mk 5 owner
Nov 2, 2009
Warrington
night flight the license plate bulb is a w5w i have changed mine and i can assure you it is, the only festoon is in the interior (that i can see)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.