Interior Mods

9373innes

Does anybody know how to remove the painted part of the dash? Is it easy?

What to recolour

bazves

I asked the same of my local dealer and Seat UK. The dealer view was that is was most likely possible but had concerns over damaging the part on removal. I queried Seat UK whether a dash insert from the Up! would fit. They refused to comment, but also thought it was likely possible and directed me to the Erwin website for removal instructions, but I didn't bother due to the cost.

I came to the conclusion that removal and replacement even if possible would likely be costly, so Im awaiting details on the cost of a wrap of the dashboard from a local vinyl graphics firm

9373innes

Il have a look at the erwin details, but getting it wrapped would probs be cheaper.

bazves

Via the dealer, the feedback that I got from the vinyl company that applied the stripes to the car was that it was 'too difficult' to wrap the dashboard (even were it to be removed from the car). Given that entire cars can be wrapped I find hard to believe and that the truth was that they didn't really want to do the job.

I'll stick with Silver for now I think

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Via the dealer, the feedback that I got from the vinyl company that applied the stripes to the car was that it was 'too difficult' to wrap the dashboard (even were it to be removed from the car). Given that entire cars can be wrapped I find hard to believe and that the truth was that they didn't really want to do the job.

I'll stick with Silver for now I think

More like concerned about any damage and dealer service side will have advised that the panel it can either not be removed or too difficult to remove.

Take it direct to another vinyl wrapping company and see what they say.

bazves

More like concerned about any damage and dealer service side will have advised that the panel it can either not be removed or too difficult to remove.

Take it direct to another vinyl wrapping company and see what they say.

Yeah, that was pretty much what I imagined to be the truth of the situation. I do know of a local firm that I can try

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.