Loan auto Mii 1.0 SE best way to drive it?!

loonymoon

LOL, got my car back today.... first thing I did was try to start it with the brake on (I have to push the clutch down to start my car as it's got Start Stop).... then I completely lost reverse...!!!

It's scary how fast you get used to something!!

I think it has taught me to drive more economically though as the Mii would be changing up very early. A lot more early than I would in my ibiza even though with the TSI torque it could cope with the lower revs better. So I'm going to try to drive more like that in my car and see how much it helps the fuel economy.

I have to say I actually really like the mii for what it is which is budget transport... I wouldn't feel bad about owning one ... though I would want a manual version for sure.. Yesterday I had a friend and her two year old in the back, and we fit her buggy fine in the boot. The cabin space actually feels a lot more spacious than the Ibiza SC, at least in terms of head room and because it was a five door it was relatively straight forwards to get the child seat in the back. It really is quite practical actually. I'm impressed and so was my friend. She said it was a bit tinny and basic ... but then her other half drives a merc as a company car... you could buy at least 3 mii's for the price of that merc.

I do like it, but I'm happy to get my Ibiza sportrider back!

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
There is a short test of an ASG equipped VW Up on the Autocar site now and it is fair to say that the reviewer hated it. I have yet to see any good reports on this gearbox. Here is the review.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.