what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Suicida1 Zombie

Mar 19, 2013
Had the first set (As far as I am aware) of custom-made mudflaps ever installed on a MK3 FR put on my car.

Also had the wheels rotated while I was at it to even out the tread wear....

Last edited:

Seanm

Jan 21, 2014
Glasgow
I washed mine since it was the first dry day in a while and noticed my rear drivers side reflector was missing :( trip to dealer on monday.

sixysix

Jan 27, 2014
London
Same here, washed car this morning as it was going to be a nice dry day, then popped over to my mates to help remove his engine/gearbox.
Big bugger but got it out in two and a half hours.

No hoist, just a couple of jacks, cut the front frame as that van is scrap now, and slid the whole thing out :)

forge197

SE>FR>CUPRA
May 14, 2002
UK
Visit site
Took a trip to the tip with some paving slaps and garden junk that needing disposing off :), then had some lunch and took the long way home. :happy:

Jul 29, 2013
Essex
I used £2 worth of vinyl to make my bumper look more cupra-esque:

Before:

su9a7eta.jpg

During:

eja4a4yd.jpg

After:

eja8etas.jpg

Last edited:

addsLEON

Mar 7, 2013
I wana do that to mine. How did u go about wrapping the parking sensors did you have to remove them??

Jul 29, 2013
Essex
I wana do that to mine. How did u go about wrapping the parking sensors did you have to remove them??

This was the bit which I thought was going to be a c word.

My bro (who is better at all this stuff) said just stick it over it's no different to paint so I did and he was right. I measured how close I was to the wall with the solid tone from the parking sensors and then did it again after applying the vinyl and it was exactly the same.

Jul 29, 2013
Essex
You can see here I just heated it and stretched it to fit around the sensor:

a7y4upa8.jpg

And this is how close the solid tone is (it starts beeping from about two feet):

edu9ype9.jpg

addsLEON

Mar 7, 2013
So you just wrapped over the sensor while it was still attached to the bumper?? You never removed the sensor from the bumper?

addsLEON

Mar 7, 2013
Ok thanks my vinyls on order so il have a go when it arrives. Are you going to wrap the lower section aswell??

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.