what did you and your mk3 leon do today

smurf123

Feb 9, 2014
swindon wiltshire
i know i found the same it is not straight nor is it symetric, when you use carlack 68 do you use the clener and sealant one have not tried this as i do not think you can put sealant on top of wax

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
Essex
by the way dean did you manage to carpet glovebox in the end, when you use carlack 68 do you use the clener and sealant one have not tried this as i do not think you can put sealant on top of wax

Indeed. Sealant after a polish a few times a year. Glaze and wax on top of the sealant.

Jul 29, 2013
Essex
Here is a pic of the whole car. It was impossible yesterday with the sun where it was.

u3ybu8us.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
Essex
Thanks guys :)

They literally go from a really dark anthracite to silver depending on the light and angle you are at.

heliliam

Aug 11, 2013
those wheels are absolutely stunning think the door mirror's wrapped in a similar colour or in cf would top it off ;)

and like the red callipers have some paint to do mine but its getting time to :(

aslo was the wheels a full day job ?

cheers liam

Jul 29, 2013
Essex
They are very nice indeed. How much did it cost again for all the wheels and the calipers?

I got a bit of discount as I put my bro's car through them too but it would have been 60 a wheel + 20 a corner for the calipers + VAT I think so £320 + VAT.

smurf123

Feb 9, 2014
swindon wiltshire
hi dean
was thinking of doing what you have done with the vinyle each side of front plate but have never used it
first where can i purchase it from and what is it called
is it sticky
and did you cut it on the car or did you make template as i think i have read that you use hairdryer or heat gun and stretch it
cheers
steve

Jul 29, 2013
Essex
hi dean
was thinking of doing what you have done with the vinyle each side of front plate but have never used it
first where can i purchase it from and what is it called
is it sticky
and did you cut it on the car or did you make template as i think i have read that you use hairdryer or heat gun and stretch it
cheers
steve

Hi buddy. Search ebay for "hexis vinyl". Yes it is sticky. I cut it to a rough shape, took the plate off, stuck it on, heated it with a heat gun on the lowest setting and smoothed it out with a credit card with a microfibre wraped around it. I made sure it overlapped around the bottom bit and then trimmed it on the car with a surgical scalpel.

smurf123

Feb 9, 2014
swindon wiltshire
hi dean
purchased some of the metal polish finesse which you said the detailer used on yours have tried it today and yes very good stuff brought them up a lot better as you will never get stainless to shine like chrome but very pleased with the way they came up thank you for that

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
reached 10k miles so in for 1st service, had door seal issue fixed.

had couple instances of stereo unit freezing, if happens again dealer instructed me to video it on my iphone and it will get replaced. sounds like theres been a few cases of this happening.

had a lend of a candy white 184 with titanium pack for the day, that got some abuse down the motorway

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise