Rear Aero Wiper fitted PICS

TheUnixKid

Feb 11, 2004
UK
Visit site
Hi,
Just thought I'd show you lot pictures of my Cupra with a rear Aero wiper. It looks 100 times better than the original and much better than the Skoda one in my opinion. Also as Aero's appear to be the norm for new cars I thought I'd update mine too. The front ones are going on soon!

All of the parts are from the VW Touran and are about £22. They fit directly onto the car and a monkey could fit them blindfolded.

EDIT: If anyone's interested I can get the part numbers....here are the part numbers (VW) and individual costs:

7E0955425 Wiper blade £4.00
1T0955707A Wiper arm £14.02
7M395543501C Cap £0.85 **EDIT: This part number should be 6Q6955435 so I've been told!**

with VAT that all costs £22.18. Make sure they give you the correct cap for the wiper arm, they gave me the wrong one to start off but it wasn't a problem for them to get the proper one.

EDIT 2: The length of the orginal blade arm is 300mm and the wiper blade itself is 400mm, the one from the Touran works out at about 20mm shorter than the original assembly. If you look at the pictures attached, the original wiper reached to the darkened part of the glass on the right, whereas the aero one stops a few centimeters shorter.

P.S I only found this all out by going to my local VW dealer with a tape measure and seeing how long the rear wiper on each car was!

As far as I can see it works fine!

John

Last edited:

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
I looked at the Polo/Golf V one 'cos it looked "nice" but it's far too short. Never thought about the Touran!

Looks good, but I've got the Fabia one on now...

neeleyveeley

Eyed Beauty
Mar 9, 2004
Midlands
Visit site
TheUnixKid said:
Cheers!

Fair comment about the fabia one. I thought it looked a bit high on the glass. Aero's the way to go!

All down to personal preferance but looks far far better than the original one. Finishes the back of the car off nicely IMHO.

davej_anderson

...nice but dim
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
IMO this should replace the 'Fabia mod' as one of the must do mods...

...but prob not worth replacing the Fabia wiper if you've already got it

Craig Senior

I've been Tango'd
May 24, 2004
Yorkshire
What are the part numbers and costs.

I was going to do the Fabia wiper but may do this now.

Decisions, decisions, decisions..........

OOps just noticed you posted the cost, so ignore that part of my post :hide:

neilscupratdi

old I am!!!!
Jun 8, 2004
Nottingham
Just ordered 2 fabia's (for myself and friend) after seeing Neg's at the Derby meet last week.

However i like the look of this one over the original.

IMO though i prefer the looks of the fabia as it looks continuous in its shape, neater as well.

A big improvement on original for both types. :D :D

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
I'm part of the aero club...I have the full kit on my car.

The Fabia looks better, but the aeros work so much better!

edz

Jan 3, 2003
Yorkshire
Visit site
I've done this on my MK3 Ibiza too, works sooooo much better! Hated the way the old one used to screech. Only prob is this one can sometimes screech as it starts because the wiper starts as soon as the jet is pressed so wipes an area of dirty dry screen first! Recommend you Ibiza guys try this one!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise