KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Here she is mate isn't she a beaut [B)]

image_zps139c4739.jpg

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Taking into account she's a P reg and 125k on the clock it's not bad at all mate, brakes aren't the best but that's to be expected I guess.

Intake has arrived along with the modded engine cover so happy days

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Good stuff. I'm trying my best not to spend more money on mine at the moment. With being off work though its all I'm looking at haha.

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
So while I wait for my car to be done I've started to tidy up the engine cover I purchased that has already been modded to fit a CAI thus enabling me to keep the original parts and return to factory spec if I ever need/want too.

This is how it arrived

image_zps2e0efc67.jpg

Gave it all a good clean then removed the insert and also the inner badge so I can change the colour.

Before any paint was applied I keyed in the plastic to ensure I have a good base to start with. Applied a coat of primer and two coats of the contrasting colours this is how it looks now.

image_zps2ac4ce93.jpg

Tomorrow I shall give them both another coat.Once that is dry I plan to paint the S/Cupra lettering on the gloss black insert the same gloss white as the surround.

Then a clear coat to finish them off.

Last edited:

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Cheers Lee I appreciate it,Yeah the golf goes well to be fair she's very thirsty though and I'm not driving it hard at all. Never do in other peoples cars I like to respect them.

Get the Cupra back tomorrow can't wait been driving like an old man all week :D

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Cheers mate top man, Will gets some pics up tonight my phone won't log into my photobucket account for some reason :shrug:

Very happy with the wheels it's transformed the look of the car. They have done an excellent job glad I went with them now.

Are you going to have a colour change on yours mate?

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
I dunno, I think if I was going to do anything wheel wise it would be complete new ones. I'm not a huge fan of the wheel its on now. If I was to change the colour I'd be torn between a nice graphite/anthracite or silver.

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
So got my car back today as above and here are some images. These were taken whilst it was cloudy and when the sun is shining they change to a lighter colour.

image_zps1472ab53.jpg

image_zpsvyzjou7g.jpg

This image has a bit of sunlight hitting the wheel

image_zpsd431dd31.jpg

Last edited:

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Cheers Lee, They have turned out much better than I expected so top marks to John at F1 alloys.Its like a dark anthracite.

Good thing is its a one off colour bad side with that is it would be very hard to match if I ever prang one but don't plan on doing that lol

vmark89

Mark Brown
Sep 10, 2012
Ellesmere Port, Cheshire
Cheers Lee, They have turned out much better than I expected so top marks to John at F1 alloys.Its like a dark anthracite.

Good thing is its a one off colour bad side with that is it would be very hard to match if I ever prang one but don't plan on doing that lol

Lovely Motor Mate! I had my wheels done October time by the Guys at F1 Alloys as I Live in Ellesmere Port and heard great things about them did a fantastic Job on your Wheels as Well by the looks :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.