Seat Leon FR+ 2012 Black (newb with no mechanical knowledge)

ant-1970

Feb 23, 2016
Hi bud can I ask was it easy to update your satnav also where did you get the update from ? Cheers! Ant

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Hi bud can I ask was it easy to update your satnav also where did you get the update from ? Cheers! Ant

Yeah, really simple. Plug n play. It did take a couple of hours though. Although I know for sure you can turn the engine off and it resumes later (because I had to do it). I just searched for "RNS315 SD" on ebay and it comes up with loads of compatible SD cards depending on how up to date you wanted it. Eg, mine was years out of date originally so I bought late 2015 cheaper than early 2016 but still more up to date.

Also your car looks spot on ��

Thanks. :D

Last edited:

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Arrived this morning from Dave@Sere :D

Dqf63YX.jpg

vC1MoWL.jpg

Dropping it at the paint shop tomorrow.

Last edited:

dobij84

May 1, 2016
Dublin
Is this spoiler will fit prefacelift model? Looks great
Thanks

Wysłane z mojego D6603 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Is this spoiler will fit prefacelift model? Looks great
Thanks

Cheers, I don't think it will fit the prefacelift, I thought it had a different tailgate.

Jon if you don't mind me asking how much is the spoiler from Sere?

Paid £175 delivered.

Hi just like to say love the red and black theme u got goin on looks good like the wheels to nice mods :worship:

Cheers, just got to glue the spoiler on now. It should be back from the paint shop later this week.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Firstly I'd like to thank Shine for removing the scratches on my car and leaving:
CDUyY2J.jpg

Surely it'll wash off?

Nope!
1vPWZlv.jpg

Grrr... off to Halfords
khRnGCK.jpg

Finally
cr5YCUq.jpg

Last edited:

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I realise the lighting... and position is different... but:

Aquawax:
UAUmrTT.png

HD Wax:
lWmrE3n.jpg

Last edited:

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Last edited:

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Don't want to sound like I'm having a go but, why spend £100+ on a pressure monitor when the car has one as standard? I know it's not as detailed as that one but surely sufficient lol.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Don't want to sound like I'm having a go but, why spend £100+ on a pressure monitor when the car has one as standard? I know it's not as detailed as that one but surely sufficient lol.

It goes back to when I had 3 punctures in 3 weeks. The built in tpms light came on. So I had to pull into the services in the peeing rain at midnight. Of course I didn't know which tyre it was because they are all reinforced and the mfd doesn't tell you. Then it happened the next week on a different tyre after a 250 mile trip. The fourth time it came on was actually cause the tyres had got so hot the psi was over the sensor limit by half a psi. So I pulled over assuming I had another puncture. Now when the tpms light comes on, I flick open the app. I'll know which tyre it is and how critical it is.

Reactions: Woody_72

Hawkers

Nov 7, 2015
Norwich, UK
The car doesn't actually have tyre pressure monitoring. It just monitors the rotation of the wheels and if it changes then it might indicate a puncture so it alerts you.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members