Rear wiper.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
It's hard to recommend a particular wiper brand as things change.

Years ago I used to always buy Champion blades, never had a problem, until I did. Fitted a Champion set that didn't work very well and were shuddering in no time.

I tend to keep old wipers in the shed, in case of emergencies, so I pulled out an old Champion one to compare it to the ones I'd just bought. The difference was obvious. The metal was thinner and the whole blade looked cheaper made.

So I switched to Bosch for years but I've now switched to Valeo because I think they're better. Also cheap. I bought a front pair on eBay for £16 delivered. The dealer wanted £50 for the same blades!

It's worth mentioning that SEAT might fit more than one brand at the factory. It's like tyres, they use what they can get deals on and it's not uncommon for them to use multiple brands. If you buy wipers from the dealer it's Valeo, well it is at my dealer, but it wasn't Valeo that came fitted to the car.

Last edited:

Pinky

Sep 27, 2015
Does anybody know which fitting the Leon uses. I know which brand of wiper I want but they don't do specific fit. Is it a pinch fit?

Big Col

Nov 5, 2013
North Ayrshire
I replaced mine today, the noise was driving me nuts.

I got a bosch item. I would also have happily got a valeo item but my local place didn't have them.
The bosch one is about an inch bigger than the one that came off. Couldn't see any brand one the one I removed.

Enjoy the silence.

Wastedagen

Aug 3, 2017
Milton keynes
On my previous car I installed Piaa silicone wiper blades..... Fantastic.

http://www.piaa.co.uk/wipers/wipershow.asp?id=1434&make=SEAT&model=Leon+3+5-Doors&year=1/2013+-

5b5dd8111f3a67990188526cdf3b1cd3.jpg

Yes, there more expensive but they lasted at least twice as long. Thoroughly recommend. Will be putting these on mine when the present ones require changing...

Last edited:

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
I've had the same issue with my current car and the previous car. I just put a cheapo £10 halfrauds own blade on it and works perfectly!

I replaced the wiper on my Cupra SC and noticed that it is an inch longer than than the 5 door (I bought thinking it would be the same size) I couldn't be bothered going back to the shop to change so just stuck with it!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Briant566

Oct 12, 2014
West Yorks England
I've had the same issue with my current car and the previous car. I just put a cheapo £10 halfrauds own blade on it and works perfectly!

I replaced the wiper on my Cupra SC and noticed that it is an inch longer than than the 5 door (I bought thinking it would be the same size) I couldn't be bothered going back to the shop to change so just stuck with it!

I was thinking of changing mine can not understand why the 5 door is different are they two marked on the motor factors or Halfords shown as two part numbers

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
I was thinking of changing mine can not understand why the 5 door is different are they two marked on the motor factors or Halfords shown as two part numbers
Yep, I thought the same. It was only when I compared the new one to the SC. I even used their wee tablet with my SC number plate and it came up with the same part (109 if I can remember correctly) as previously fitted to my old 5 door car.

Lawtonater9

Nov 18, 2016
Manchester
Digging up an oldish thread here sorry but can somebody help me out!
I've just bought a Bosch A403 H for my SC, come to fit it and it's fine but it's catching the top of the boot where the centre brake light is.
I'm not sure if I'm missing something obvious or what...
Bought from euro car parts because they have a 33% discount on. Used the reg thingy where you type it in and it even says on the back of the box for an SC.
Measuring the stock rear blade and that's 15 inch but this Bosch one is 16 inch.
Any help appreciated ty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Col

Nov 5, 2013
North Ayrshire
i got the bosch wiper from ECP earlier this year - see my post above.

No issues fitting and none since.

I've dug out my reciept, mines was part number 485776470 if that's any help.

Lawtonater9

Nov 18, 2016
Manchester
i got the bosch wiper from ECP earlier this year - see my post above.

No issues fitting and none since.

I've dug out my reciept, mines was part number 485776470 if that's any help.

Thanks. I've ordered the same part you did. Not sure why it's catching on the top. I'll take it back and take it from there.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Measuring the stock rear blade and that's 15 inch but this Bosch one is 16 inch. Any help appreciated.

You're in luck, I am a maths genius.

16 is a higher number than 15. Inch is a unit of measurement, a bit like Gummy Bears but a little bigger. That means that something that is 16 inches long is longer than something that is 15 inches.

Let's say you can fit 15 Gummy Bears in your mouth at one time. If someone gives you 16 Gummy Bears and you try to put them in your mouth.... oh oh! Huston, we have a problem. One too many.

That's the problem you have here, you have one too many of those pesky inches. Just take that bad old inch and throw it away and you're golden :0)

Lawtonater9

Nov 18, 2016
Manchester
Ok I'm just gonna say it's abit sad you've sat there and typed all that but if it makes you feel better then ok.
Do they call u Mr pig because you look like one or what?

Stevan

Apr 8, 2017
Musselburgh
I went BOSCH 3397008713 / A331H AEROTWIN REAR
On an ST MY2016
Yes the judder / sticking noise on the original was horrible. No problems since. Can still hear the wine of the motor or something though.

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
I've disabled auto wipe when selecting reverse as it would scare the sh1te out of me when slightly damp causing it too judder and not expecting it! Took years off me too many times lol

hybrid713

Aug 18, 2015
So glad I came across this post, thought it was just my Leon FR (65 Plate) that came with a dodgy blade. Will look into the Valeo, thanks!

hybrid713

Aug 18, 2015
I've had my car for 2 years and it's my first car so not much experience with changing or doing anything to my car apart from filling up the tank! Am I right that changing the rear wiper is a straightforward job and just google / watch some youtube video? Or best to get someone from Halfords to install it?

Wastedagen

Aug 3, 2017
Milton keynes
I've had my car for 2 years and it's my first car so not much experience with changing or doing anything to my car apart from filling up the tank! Am I right that changing the rear wiper is a straightforward job and just google / watch some youtube video? Or best to get someone from Halfords to install it?
When it comes to car maintenance we've all started from knowing little or nothing..

Changing the rear wiper is one of the easiest things you'll do on your car.

f69a35bf0d2d32dffb78ab10da58154c.jpg

You see this square on the wiper, simply push it down and wiper will slide out... Push the new wiper back on and it'll click into place..... Job done...

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.