Sparkie's Mk1 LCR Black Edition

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Looks lovely mate, look forward to seeing the satin mirrors and splitter! Brembos look brill too.

Thanks bud.
Should b getting round to the mirrors and splitter in a few weeks. Recon turbo while away I hope. Then Plastidip time.
Oh and we need some sort of summer weather!
That may be a while!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
So I've had a Holiday driving a Fiat Punto with about 80 horses maximum I recon! Not ideal in the heat as the aircon drains about half of them. Making pulling out into traffic interesting.
I had to switch the AC off to get up steep dirt tracks!
Thing is it makes you appreciate your car even more and I was stoked to get back on board.
Added to this is the fact the turbo has been changed over for a recon version.
I didn't expect it but the car is faster with more responsive power delivery and a lot less lag than with the previous turbo.
Also less heat being generated under the bonnet.
It was getting pretty hot and at the end of a spirited drive my legs were getting hot as well.
This has all stopped.
Even more signs that the turbo was on the way out.
Glad I changed it before it spat metal into my engine and new exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
I was looking into doing a HID xenon conversion, but after a chat on here and I'm going to go down the LED lighting route I think.
To start the ball rolling I've just bought these.
I hope they give a nice bright white light.
On 17 quid for 2 and probably last twice as long as standard bulbs or HIDs.
I'll report back on what they're like.
86114afadb65aa69acd8a9012cab4dc4.jpg

Last edited:

bega

Oct 13, 2016
I was looking into doing a HID xenon conversion, but after a chat on here and I'm going to go down the LED lighting route I think.
To start the ball rolling I've just bought these.
I hope they give a nice bright white light.
On 17 quid for 2 and probably last twice as long as standard bulbs or HIDs.
I'll report back on what they're like.
86114afadb65aa69acd8a9012cab4dc4.jpg

I did HID xenon on my Seat Toledo 2001 year,and it takes a work to do it,especially to take a headlight apart and then to glue it quality.And it costed me all about 150 EUR on my headlights.I am really pleased with lights but I saw LED on friends Golf mk4 and not bright as my xenon lights but I would be OK with them too.
But I bought Morimoto projectors too and putted in headlight it looks like its OEM :)

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
I did HID xenon on my Seat Toledo 2001 year,and it takes a work to do it,especially to take a headlight apart and then to glue it quality.And it costed me all about 150 EUR on my headlights.I am really pleased with lights but I saw LED on friends Golf mk4 and not bright as my xenon lights but I would be OK with them too.
But I bought Morimoto projectors too and putted in headlight it looks like its OEM :)

Yup cost was another factor too.
I've just put brand new head light units in on both sides and I'm not keen on drilling them out etc.
From what I've seen these have 11000 lumens. I believe, so hope the will be nice and bright.
I'll take a couple of photos tomorrow and add them.

bega

Oct 13, 2016
Yup cost was another factor too.
I've just put brand new head light units in on both sides and I'm not keen on drilling them out etc.
From what I've seen these have 11000 lumens. I believe, so hope the will be nice and bright.
I'll take a couple of photos tomorrow and add them.

If I was in your place,I would only put quality LED inside.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
..fitted New LED lights to dipped main beam, side lights and rear number plate.
Very happy with the result. For 24 quid all in they look just like full on Xenon bulbs without any of the hassle.
Think I may look at high beam versions too.
Fingers crossed I don't get problems with the cooling fans.

Last edited:

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Lights nice and crisp white.
38233c1b0e06b2293128bee4aba1eca6.jpg

The beams don't penetrate as far as halogens to be fair. Or it seems that way. Close up it's very clear light to see by.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Thought I'd do a quick update on things.
So I've changed all the light bulbs in the head light clusters now to LED.
It does look like a set of Xenons.
Apparently the fogs are best left halogen, as they cut through the fog better.
So I thought I'd do a homage to 80's European model cars and go with yellow fogs.
Firstly I wrapped the lenses.
Then I sourced some good bulbs with a 2800k colour.
0f7f1040e4af29abb309a0c1165f866c.jpg

Here's the results.
88593aa519a8170ce1f4d8119ed91ecb.jpg

1b4e0df7418eb3995a2310398915e925.png

ac0a4dff4d8b806a0cf5a3944fdf8b5d.jpg
330f8c8b64eef8d17bb84f061767de06.png

I'm really pleased with the end results.

Next up I've bought and painted a new rear offside caliper. Last one ruined from last idiot who kept tightening the handbrake incorrectly.
f7614d02340bb5873aeaa53cd3789483.jpg

This one is going on tomorrow. It was cleaned up after this photo, so no paint where it shouldn't be.
I've been in touch with Bill's crew and next up is a visit to Badger5 for a little more modification.

Go ski

Last edited:

bega

Oct 13, 2016
Damn if I know that those LED bulbs for headlight are good as those,I wouldnt take apart my headlights and putting projectors inside for xenon.Took me 2 days to make it.And if anything wrong need to take it apart again and glue it :) damn

Last edited:

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Damn if I know that those LED bulbs for headlight are good as those,I wouldnt take apart my headlights and putting projectors inside for xenon.Took me 2 days to make it.And if anything wrong need to take it apart again and glue it :) damn

Yeah and I was going down that road too.
I wasn't looking forward to drilling brand new light clusters. It was lucky I was on here and found a thread discussing LEDs.
Really happy with these though.

Turn Up The Boost

bega

Oct 13, 2016
Yeah and I was going down that road too.
I wasn't looking forward to drilling brand new light clusters. It was lucky I was on here and found a thread discussing LEDs.
Really happy with these though.

Turn Up The Boost
Mine headlights was used but in perfect condition.But getting it apart was pain in the ass.Glue used on headlights are really strong even using heatgun isn't making it easier.So I did little damage on them but I am fine with that now.Was a little bit angry few days :) but if I knew would fit low and high beam LED bulbs and enjoy.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Update.
Well car is running really well. The brake issue has been sorted. ( new offside rear caliper ) Hand brake cables adjusted. Back to full working condition.

I'm really pleased, no that's an understatement, I'm buzzing now.
I've booked the car in with Badger5 to have Bill work some of his magic.
The car is having a Toyo Sport FMIC which will keep heat soak at bay.
Then a custom mapping session to unleash the full potential of the engine and other mods.
I can't wait. Like a kid counting down to Christmas.
Pics and vids to come.

Turn Up The Boost

scotty1310

Feb 21, 2016
Kent
Nice, glad you saw sense and taking it to a decent tuner instead of AmD. What power figures you hoping for?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise