AA Car Genie

YorkshirePud

Apr 1, 2017
Merseyside
Had an interesting email from the AA this morning regarding a new product of theirs...

https://www.theaa.com/breakdown-cov...ine-cargenie&dclid=COPwn9uKvdQCFcUS0wodB_UJ-w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfOk9Fp1XQE

In essence it seems to be a wireless ODB reader, like many people already have, with an associated app. sounds interesting. im kinda wondering if you can use the find my car feature as a cheap tracker in case it gets stolen?

At £29 for a whole year it seems quite reasonable, though you do have to be an existing member. And how does it compare to just owning a bluetooth odb with the free apps?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I like the sound of some of the features (using as a tracker if it gets stolen, crash assistance). But I would have thought it'd be the first place a thief would check for a tracker. The thing I don't like is:

"Data will be sent to us from your car about your driving style and habits. This includes harsh braking, acceleration and cornering" which is pretty much every time I take the car out.

I'd also worry that every time I get an error code flag up (I get a random emissions one for example that I just clear every couple of months), someone would be phoning me touting for business.

Doesn't say anything about battery drain either. I purchased the OBD reader I have currently because its got a sleep mode for when the engines off. I've not seen any others that do that and eg Carista recommend you remove theirs when the engines off.

Last edited:

Deleted member 103408

Not sure as there are many very cheap OBD11 Readers that can tell you that you have error codes for Free.

Tracker - yes its great but as a lot of people use the OBD11 to clone the key to take the car it wont be active for long

And i for sure dont want anybody having data on my driving style......

Last edited by a moderator:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.