Anyone ordered yet?

GaryWatt

Jun 26, 2017
Aberdeen, Scotland.
That certainly does look good in red. I ordered the black, purely because the pana sunroof blends in. I assume your buttons are on the left of the gear knob and not the right?

Yes, buttons on the left. Not a big issue for me. Maybe take some pics tomorrow if you want. Would have ordered black too but just traded in a black Fiesta so wanted a change of colour. The blue looks really nice in person. Was one on the forecourt last week. Only issue I have is the drinks holder does not hold my standard water bottle for when I go out training. Have to squeeze it in. No biggie :)

alanplum

Jul 16, 2017
Yes, buttons on the left. Not a big issue for me. Maybe take some pics tomorrow if you want. Would have ordered black too but just traded in a black Fiesta so wanted a change of colour. The blue looks really nice in person. Was one on the forecourt last week. Only issue I have is the drinks holder does not hold my standard water bottle for when I go out training. Have to squeeze it in. No biggie :)

You got the 115 PS?

In the photo the rear brakes look like drums not discs. Maybe just my eyes?

I wouldn't mind seeing a photo of the buttons because I would do pretty much anything if possible to swap them over.

GaryWatt

Jun 26, 2017
Aberdeen, Scotland.
You got the 115 PS?

In the photo the rear brakes look like drums not discs. Maybe just my eyes?

I wouldn't mind seeing a photo of the buttons because I would do pretty much anything if possible to swap them over.

Yes, 115 PS. Will get a pic of the buttons tomorrow. Quite like the media screen. Not good with car lingo so not sure on drums or discs. Can take a pic too if you want.

Last edited:

alanplum

Jul 16, 2017
Yes, 115 PS. Will get a pic of the buttons tomorrow. Quite like the media screen. Not good with car lingo so not sure on drums or discs. Can take a pic too if you want.

You have disc brakes on the front. The 115 PS should have the same on the rear, like a round disc with the brake caliper on the outside of the disc. From my understanding less than 115 PS has drums on the back which is more like an enclosed cooking pot type thing.

I'm really interested in Apple car play so if you have an iPhone would be good to hear your experience with that.

GaryWatt

Jun 26, 2017
Aberdeen, Scotland.
You have disc brakes on the front. The 115 PS should have the same on the rear, like a round disc with the brake caliper on the outside of the disc. From my understanding less than 115 PS has drums on the back which is more like an enclosed cooking pot type thing.

I'm really interested in Apple car play so if you have an iPhone would be good to hear your experience with that.

Ah, OK, understand that. Will check tomorrow. Unfortunately always been an Android man :)

alanplum

Jul 16, 2017
Ah, OK, understand that. Will check tomorrow. Unfortunately always been an Android man :)

Oh well. I hope Android auto works well for you :D

Look forward to more photos. Getting quite exciting waiting for mine. It's replacing the wife's Mii so a bit of a step up.

alanplum

Jul 16, 2017
That's good. Must be my eyes.

I emailed my dealer today for a progress report but nothing heard. :cry:

GaryWatt

Jun 26, 2017
Aberdeen, Scotland.
AlanPlum

You still want a pic of the centre console? Got them yesterday but was bedded early last night. I can get it on the forum this evening.

have to say the 115 is pretty nippy. A lot nipper than my Fiesta Zetec S 125. It certainty has oomph!

alanplum

Jul 16, 2017
AlanPlum

You still want a pic of the centre console? Got them yesterday but was bedded early last night. I can get it on the forum this evening.

have to say the 115 is pretty nippy. A lot nipper than my Fiesta Zetec S 125. It certainty has oomph!

Yes please.

I've just had an email from my dealer to say the car is built and is on it's way to port.

He hopes for a 2 week turn around.....right when I'm in Glasgow for my brothers wedding. :(

GaryWatt

Jun 26, 2017
Aberdeen, Scotland.
Last edited:

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Yes please.

I've just had an email from my dealer to say the car is built and is on it's way to port.

He hopes for a 2 week turn around.....right when I'm in Glasgow for my brothers wedding. :(

Ha!

I only had one brand new car before the current one - and I was in bloody Iraq when that one was delivered. SWMBO didn't even check it over, so I got my first ever brand new motor with a free dent in the bonnet from the dealership!!

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
Was reading through the brochure again as I'm possibly looking at the Ibiza FR to replace my Leon, discovered the FR also does without the central armrest as well as the rear electric windows, seems some real cost cutting going on here. Wonder if it can be retrofitted?

GaryWatt

Jun 26, 2017
Aberdeen, Scotland.
Was reading through the brochure again as I'm possibly looking at the Ibiza FR to replace my Leon, discovered the FR also does without the central armrest as well as the rear electric windows, seems some real cost cutting going on here. Wonder if it can be retrofitted?

Hello

The Ibiza FR is nice, I am loving it, a few second glances from folk. I am missing the center arm rest. Had on on my previous Fiesta and Polo before that. Was able to store a few things in it. The glovebox is small on the FR. The CD player is located there. Can only get a pack of CDs and a couple of sunglasses in it now. Need to start using the iPod :)

Gary

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Don't see why not.

Previous Ibiza / Toledo armrests are on ebay, or places like SG Petch / Hortons / superskoda sell factory parts.

Zen

Aug 14, 2017
Anyone know what the Sport Mode actually does to the car? From what I can tell so far, the throttle response is much faster. Ride feels harder but not sure if that's just me.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.