Options affecting Leon lead times

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
Just a quickie....

How often have people been speaking to their dealer for a build update. I dont want to seem pushy.... and only ordered on 13th Jan!!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

steedy27

Oct 30, 2017
My Leon has now been confirmed it was built during week 2 however there are no ships until the 6th or 8th on February so will take upto 4 weeks from the shipping date for it to be ready for collection :(

Last edited:

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
How often have people been speaking to their dealer for a build update.
Depends how often they want to be told nothing...

Build week confirms 2-3 weeks before the car is built, which is 2-3 weeks before it arrives at the dealership, so apart from the last 4-6 weeks of the lead time they will have quite literally nothing to tell you.

A decent dealership will call you once the build week is confirmed, again when the car is built, again when it arrives in the UK and again when it arrives with them. Calling them in the meantime won't make anything happen any quicker.

steedy27

Oct 30, 2017
Just a quickie....

How often have people been speaking to their dealer for a build update. I dont want to seem pushy.... and only ordered on 13th Jan!!

I've been calling Seat Customer services for updates, for a while they were ringing me every two weeks with an update until i got a confirmed build date

Major Tom

Jun 6, 2015
Just a quickie....

I called them every time yet another of their promises was broken and they didn't bother to call me...

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Just a quickie....

All my dealership gave me was an SLI upon request.
All my updates have been received through contacting SEAT CS and quoting my SLI.

I've called them a few times to confirm acceptance, unconfirmed and confirmed build weeks.

As I've been interested in the Cupra MY18 updates contacted them to confirm my eligibility too.

So a lot may depend on the customer service your dealership provides.

300SEATCUPRA

Dec 7, 2017
It isn't as simple as 'every car built from week 2'...

Digital Cockpit is standard on all CUPRA ordered from 20th November 2017 that are built from January 2018 onward. Your car was ordered in August, so don't assume it will have it, and certainly don't take opinions on a forum as gospel. Speak to your dealer, or to SEAT UK for confirmation.

Just checked with Seat UK and it does come with it. I also got a confirmed build week of 5 and should be getting delivery early march . A cool 6 month wait.

Tristan

Nov 12, 2017
Just a quickie....

My dealer has been e-mailing me every 3 or 4 weeks, even though there hasn't been any actual news yet. It's quite nice to hear from him just to know someone is keeping an eye on the order.

Jib

May 22, 2007
Doncaster, South Yorks
Just a quickie....

I’d give it till March 1st if you don’t hear anything sooner. I’d be surprised if the order has actually been accepted at the factory yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
Thanks guys. I have been in a very annoying and painstaking position for the last 5 months where i had to reject 2 cars from another manufacturer due to manufacturing defects with paintwork and this led me to get my money back from them and brought me to SEAT.

I just hope to god there is nothing wrong when its delivered ☺

Just getting everybody's thoughts thats all.

Last edited:

pavarotti1980

Jul 18, 2017
Just a quickie....

I was still getting my 2 weekly updates from Customer Services with an unconfirmed build week. Then all of a sudden I had a call sayign the ship had just docked with my car on it. The build system was still showing as not being built despite it being at the port/dealership....:shrug:

Mdhayter

Nov 23, 2017
I ordered my 1.2 SE Dynamic Technology ST on 21st November.... I have had an email from the dealer with an estimated build week of week 10 and delivery of week 15.... I am hoping that will all come forward a bit because id like to be in it at the beginning of March.... The original estimated build week I was given was 13.

Last edited:

BenWilliams21

Ben Williams
Aug 12, 2017
Hertfordshire
I ordered my 1.2 SE Dynamic Technology ST on 21st November.... I have had an email from the dealer with an estimated build week of week 10 and delivery of week 15.... I am hoping that will all come forward a bit because id like to be in it at the beginning of March.... The original estimated build week I was given was 13.
Chances of you being in it early march with an unconfirmed build week of 10 is very unlikely unfortunately

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Just an update I received a call from seat CS this morning.
Lady called Charlotte. She called to confirm my cheque was posted today and will be delivered using recorded delivery.

This is before I've actually received and started paying for my car.

Proby

I Luv Boost!!
Aug 17, 2009
Well, I eventually have an update. Ordered 3rd week in October, been unconfirmed at build week 8. Set for March delivery now I'm told. Won't hold my breath too long.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Well that’s that. Dropped my current Leon off at the dealership today, they’re going to settle the finance and send me a cheque for the difference....£72 .

Feel a bit sad but I’m excited for the new one.

The dealer has kindly provide me with a loan car as VWFS refused to extend my finance for a couple of weeks. They’ve had to register a brand new Ibiza for me. Literally only done PDI miles. It feels well built, good quality (minus an annoying rattle) and it’s nice to drive. Albeit the 1.0ltr engine lacks the power of the 1.4 TSI I’m used to. but around town it’d be fantastic.
d5e50ce376dcaa57e1d514e765983ff1.jpg
f5df918405f655b55fdb0951fb78993a.jpg

Not sure how Ewen wangled a Golf GTI haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members