My mk1 Leon Cupra - K04-064

JamieF

Dec 16, 2014
Cleethorpes
Hello again, been a while since ive been on here, so id thought id share some updates on my Leon.

I bought my Leon about 2 years ago, totally standard, sorted out the usual issues and started to play, had it mapped at Rtech to 250bhp/290lbft with a stock K03s and all the usual stage 2 stuff, was quite happy with it for about 12 months, then got a bit bored with it, so wanted a bigger turbo and ended up going for a K04-064 from a 2.0 TFSI engine

along with the turbo i fitted a set of DM forged rods, full Supertech valvetrain, Bosch 550cc injectors and a general replacement of worn out parts, i changed the the core of the turbo for a BBT anti surge core also, everything on the car has been done by myself apart from the mapping

it was mapped at rtech again a few months ago and it made 340bhp/340lbft at 20psi, it could of gone more but it was running out of fuel so was capped, if i fit a higher flow fuel pump it will probably push 360, but tbh, its fine the way it is.

anyway, enough waffling, here are a few pictures(hopefully)
big load of parts to fit
sVEGZm6.jpg

D9aaojB.jpg

BBT anti surge core next to the standard one
N9wsGkw.jpg

BBT 064 adaptor plate
92ayA28.jpg

and turbo test fit
aq75cqh.jpg

3" intake pipe
Wzrk1FG.jpg

and test fit on a spare engine i had for mock up
lh6o1v4.jpg

home made oil drain, its a k03s drain chopped an re-welded into a position that fits
zZBBZqw.jpg

engine on its way out
ACJlLtw.jpg

and out
v41FwU4.jpg

rods done
76U2Yyx.jpg

head rebuilt with new stem seals and supertech goodness, iconel exhaust valves, stainless inlets, double exhaust springs and Ti spring caps
2XFyN38.jpg

ZgOekXR.jpg

all built and ready to be put back in
fPvm3ca.jpg

L6UTBxT.jpg

3.5" to 3" down pipe, bit of a squeeze but it does fit
4CrU8Gg.jpg

VLbrTtD.jpg

standard 2.0 TFSI discharge pipe needs to be used as space is tight on the os chassis rail
T7eQAmN.jpg

boost pipe routing from underneath
tYoIJ8O.jpg

all in and finished
6o1Ij6D.jpg

rpbbawG.jpg

Seatu

Nov 9, 2017
By the way, are you done with the build? what other mods you have for it?

Col Max Pyat

Dec 31, 2017
Really nice, I've incredible respect for people who take on big projects like this, especially as the car was actually running before you started! (as opposed to some barn-find restoration thing)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.