bridgestones are awfull

Big poppa John

Jan 8, 2018
Staffordshire
Mine had Conti's on as standard but they were terrible for road noise. When they needed replacing I put Avon ZV7's on. I find them better than the Conti's in every way. I'm yet to try out the Michelin tyres.

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
We manage by changing them as soon as possible! Tbh they are decent tyres in the dry but the wet grip is awful. I just had a full set of Goodyear Asymmetric 3 fitted and they are a bit better but not a huge difference imo. I will definitely go for the PS4's next time due to fellow members swearing by them
Yeah I have no issues with the dry grip, wear or road noise, it's literally just the wet grip that bothers me. I've always had hankook v12s on my last 3 cars and they were good in all conditions. Take it nobody has used these on the Leons at all?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

ben4012

Sep 20, 2016
To go against the grain they ain't that bad. Unless I'm really dicking about they hold on in road situations. You wouldn't rev the tits off a cold engine, drive to the prevailing conditions in the wet. I don't consider an FR 184 a performance car. If I was in a cupra I might expect more.

Pinky

Sep 27, 2015
They are bad. Searching the forum and it's a common comment. Terrible noise.

The ones I changed to are far better for braking and noise. And they helped me to a 78mpg run over 115 miles.

CAPS_LOCK_STUCK

Aug 11, 2017
Worcestershire
I actually find I have reasonable grip wet or dry providing I don't thrash her but I agree the road noise is bad, sometimes I even think I have a window open.

Last edited:

surrealjam

Jan 8, 2015
To go against the grain they ain't that bad. Unless I'm really dicking about they hold on in road situations. You wouldn't rev the tits off a cold engine, drive to the prevailing conditions in the wet. I don't consider an FR 184 a performance car. If I was in a cupra I might expect more.

I agree. I ran a set of these on a GTI for 15,000 miles. I'm sure back to back with the best on the market you'd notice a difference but in most situations they are fine. I didn't go out of my way to match them when changing but I didn't deliberately avoid them either. I did 0-60 runs around the 6 second mark in them so people suggesting grip is anything other than perfectly OK must have faulty ones.

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
I agree. I ran a set of these on a GTI for 15,000 miles. I'm sure back to back with the best on the market you'd notice a difference but in most situations they are fine. I didn't go out of my way to match them when changing but I didn't deliberately avoid them either. I did 0-60 runs around the 6 second mark in them so people suggesting grip is anything other than perfectly OK must have faulty ones.
Must be awful lot of faulty tyres released then as I've read an awful lot of poor reviews on here, mine included.

Dry grip is fine it's the wet grip that suffers. I know simply driving a little softer helps but I've had tyres in the past that are far more capable in the wet than these that's for sure. I've now put 16k on them with life left so I'm not complaining about the wear considering I do best part of 20k a year.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Kempo

2015 Leon 1.4 FR EcoTSI
Dec 30, 2017
I have the S001s on my 1.4 EcoTSI that I picked up in December. I have found the traction in the cold and damp to be very poor recently though when on the move they are not as bad.

I have had a number of brands before and here are some views.

Pirelli Pzero Nero GT - these were excellent, very good dry grip and wet grip, nice stiff walls and good handling. They are a little noisy but not excessive.

Good Year Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 - incredible wet grip, very good dry grip and a bit quieter than the Pirellis.

These were both on my old Impreza WRXS which had 250bhp and AWD.

I have been looking at reviews recently and thinking about either Dunlop Sport Maxx RT2 or Michelin Pilot Sports when I need to change them.

mdaw1985

Aug 3, 2008
St.Leonards, East Sussex
Got to say on my exeo i found the bridgestone re050 ok. Gripped fine on that but only got about 11k on the front. Switched to Goodyear assymetric 2 next time and they were a bit better again and lasted about 13k. Went to yokohama advan sport v105S and they gripped similarly to the goodyear but lasted 16.5k. I have found all have gripped well on my exeo. Maybe how the car is setup has a lot to do with it?
I have the 170 sport tech.

Oceansplasher

Mar 1, 2016
Another vote here AGAINST the Bridgestone Potenzas! Had them on from new, could have gotten at least another 6 - 9 months out of them but got rid of them in December as they were a shocking tyre and useless in a bit of snow. Put on a full set of Michelin C/C's, and in the snow that we have had here in Derbyshire they have been nothing but superb!! Love these tyres.

Should have swapped over ages ago. Oh, and I got a free RAC Dash cam with four tyre purchase which was a free gift to my brother as I already have a Nextbase Duo. So he was happy also!! :happy:

ben4012

Sep 20, 2016
Another vote here AGAINST the Bridgestone Potenzas! Had them on from new, could have gotten at least another 6 - 9 months out of them but got rid of them in December as they were a shocking tyre and useless in a bit of snow. Put on a full set of Michelin C/C's, and in the snow that we have had here in Derbyshire they have been nothing but superb!! Love these tyres.

Should have swapped over ages ago. Oh, and I got a free RAC Dash cam with four tyre purchase which was a free gift to my brother as I already have a Nextbase Duo. So he was happy also!! :happy:

They are not intended for snow.

Oceansplasher

Mar 1, 2016
I don't intend in getting into a stupid argument with anyone about the Crossclimates capabilities ben4012 - too petty and my times to valuable to me, but I'm just reporting how good they are in the snow we have had of late. I never said they were a snow tyre, just that they are good in snow.

ben4012

Sep 20, 2016
I don't intend in getting into a stupid argument with anyone about the Crossclimates capabilities ben4012 - too petty and my times to valuable to me, but I'm just reporting how good they are in the snow we have had of late. I never said they were a snow tyre, just that they are good in snow.

Well you just did.

The point I was making was that you cannot critisise a summer tyre for poor snow performance.

Last edited:

seventen710

Jul 18, 2012
Hampshire
I swapped the OEM Bridgestones for Pilot Sport 4 when they wore out on my 184ST.

I wouldn't say the difference was huge, but there was certainly more grip in wet conditions, noticeable when pulling away.

I would also agree with ben4012 that the 184 is NOT a performance model!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise