Car symptoms, looking for problem/solution.

arronleeds

Jul 27, 2017
I made a post stating that my engine seems to be moving more than it should, this is affecting my gear changes and is making the car jolt when engaging the clutch. I’m also feeling vibration in my footwell but also the passenger footwell too, I can also feel the vibration at idle.

Now I was told that if it was the flywheel that when I put the clutch down the vibration would go and it isn’t. Are all these symptoms pointing to my engine mounts?

Bubbs

Jul 18, 2013
If that were worn engine mounts vibrating at idle then I'd think the block would be almost hanging off.

By 'jolt'... sensation of deceleration? Misfire?

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
I made a post stating that my engine seems to be moving more than it should, this is affecting my gear changes and is making the car jolt when engaging the clutch. I’m also feeling vibration in my footwell but also the passenger footwell too, I can also feel the vibration at idle.

Now I was told that if it was the flywheel that when I put the clutch down the vibration would go and it isn’t. Are all these symptoms pointing to my engine mounts?

Did you buy the car used?

If so the previous owner may have fitted a lower engine mount insert? Maybe worth having a quick look under the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

fozzybear

middle aged speed freak
Feb 4, 2006
halifax,west yorks
you need car on ramps and check dogbone mount as this may have gone....would have same effect of engine movement ...check too lower engine mount bush (dogbone connects to this) has no movement...and if has any play fit bush insert from powerflow....did same to mine as similar problem and as well as dogbone cured

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.