**floppy wiper blades **

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
Top job - send us a few pics close up if you could?

for others be careful with STD style aero wipers as you will need matching arms to go with them as the fitting is very different

the Renault ones are designed as a conversion to a std style arm with a looped end

right guys, I've ordered the blades from GSF but has anyone tired fitting the covers that are on the scenic

04_1_b.JPG

Last edited:

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
did you order the part number ? or actually scenic 2 blades ?

if you ordered the above part number the covers come with em

Last edited:

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
g60jet said:
i ordered a pack of blades for a scenic 2003 on, hope they are the right ones lol
sorry no - they will fit as per the late vw's and clip on type arms so you'll need the right arms to go with it

they are not the loop type as the earlier cars have

the ( 77 11 236 179 - Renault part no) is listed for a scenic mk2 upto 2002 BUT note standard scenic mk1 blades are the same loop as any old blade you have - that number above is a conversion kit for std blades to fit aero wipers and hence spot on for those wanting to save money on arms

sorry

May 30, 2002
Bedford (innit)
Fl@pper said:
you probably wont find a good one looking at most experiences :(

I had a good service from my local one, ordered them, they were there when they said they would be and discussed possibility of getting a discount they said no problem.

Maybe a new thread is in order to see if enough people are interested ?

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
theres a few out there i know

partly my fault as i was privvy to the parts info before the dealers were so a few were a bit miffed when people started to order em thinking they knew better and seen some "only one in the box" and " they are normal blades" sort of thing

i apologise to those concerned - i guess not all dealers are on top of the treat the customer properly until you are 100% sure game yet :)

they are getting there so please dont beat on anybody - it's a hard old game in parts at times

Goot

There Can Be Only One!
Sep 9, 2002
Cheshire
Phoned up Arnold Clark Gemini (Warrington). Asked if they have the above part number in stock. No, but had order them in, will take 2 days. Paid and ordered £31 I think, hopefully arrive today. Asked what they were were off, guy wasn't sure but said it should be off a Scenic (checked system). Told him they were for a Seat Leon, he just smiled and asked what other manufacturers mods I'd done :redface:

Goot :)

May 30, 2002
Bedford (innit)
Goot said:
Phoned up Arnold Clark Gemini (Warrington). Asked if they have the above part number in stock. No, but had order them in, will take 2 days. Paid and ordered £31 I think, hopefully arrive today. Asked what they were were off, guy wasn't sure but said it should be off a Scenic (checked system). Told him they were for a Seat Leon, he just smiled and asked what other manufacturers mods I'd done :redface:

Goot :)

How do you know he smiled over the phone? :D

james8403

i want some

ok i want some aero wipers now ive got a mk3 ibiza whats the part number and where do you order them from??? got a bit lost readin the thread been into halfrauds but the only seem to have the proper ones not the retro fit ones if u get me hope u lot can help

Ordered mine from Renault this morning, how crap is there parts service!!!.....Thursday befroe i can get them, SEAT is next day. Anyway yes the dealers said...thats only one blade sir...i said yeah what ever just order I box please.

Mar 10, 2005
Walton on Thames
g60jet said:
Ordered mine from Renault this morning, how crap is there parts service!!!.....Thursday befroe i can get them, SEAT is next day. Anyway yes the dealers said...thats only one blade sir...i said yeah what ever just order I box please.

Sounds like I had the same conversation as you this morning...except I have to wait until friday afternoon!

And if he had to order more than one box to get deliverey, he wasn't prepared to get one for me. That's customer care for you..

TimBarratt

Oct 6, 2004
Blandford
I think I must have been lucky then. The dealer in Blandford was very helpful and got mine without any problems at all. Very nice bloke :thumbup:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise