LCR Suspension

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
Can you fit non-CupraR suspension to a LCR if you change the wishbones and front ARB ?

and what I'm really fishing for .... is there any advantage to be gained by fitting LCR coilovers in place of my Toledo/Cupra ones ?

Better clearance between 'shafts and ARB maybe ?? :confused:

Well your right the LCR suspension is set up on the front with ARB carrier on the bottom of the damper, so you will need some adaptation for the Cupra/Toledo.

The rear end of any LCR suspension kit is effectively MK4 Golf/Cupra/toledo so no issues there.

As for clearance the LCR is meant to have a different rack also coupled with clearance of shafts etc is really going to be trial and error :shrug: ....nice idea though and worth a try if you have time on your hands.

NeilC

Has left the fold...
Mar 23, 2004
somewhere else
From what i can recall the only difference between coilovers for an R and not is the inclusion of a plate on the damper to fix the arb too. A couple of manufacturers (kw is one, cant remember the other) include this on their kits for both R and T. A few of the peeps over on the mkiv forum fit kw v1's so they can fit the R32/LCR front arb to remove potential rubbing of the driveshaft as it works out about the same as buying other coilovers then having to shell out for a extra bent neuspeed arb.

Could try this if your hankering to mess with the greasy bits: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=88748

Jonny

slightly insane monkey
Jul 5, 2005
South Wales
I've read through various posts regarding suspension & handling upgrades for the LCR, and the Koni FSD / Eibach spring combination seems to get good reviews.

Obviously wanting to save a few quid, I've phoned and e-mailed around to get prices.

One reply I received was quite an interesting read, as through previous searching and companies selling this combo for the LCR - none of this was mentioned:

"Ok koni dont officially make the fsd shocks for the r models only for the normal cupra so we can sell them but they wont have a warranty with koni uk,we are pretty sure they will fit but there is a question mark!
Springs is the same, as eibach do not list them officially for the cupra r either however eibach uk have sold them (without warranty) for this model we would only recommend a -30mm drop for the fsd shocks anyway!
Sorry we cant be of more help but please let us know if you would like some more info,we are aware that there are some company's in the uk that advertise these products for the cupra r model's but the suppliers do not recognise the fitment."

So, has anyone who has this set up been made aware of them not having any warranty?

Has anyone had any problems with them at all?

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
That's quite common. I can't remember which cars it is (Octy VRS and Audi TT spring to mind...?) but basically you need the front end kit from one car and the rear end from another. Has been discussed a few times on this forum in the past, but most decent suppliers / garages know what's needed and will also offer good support should there be any problems :)

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
So, has anyone who has this set up been made aware of them not having any warranty?

Has anyone had any problems with them at all?

Awesome Gti supplied a few sets of Koni FSD's for LCR's to SCN'ers like Yermother etc, I'm sure they didn;t tell him a warranty was void.

As RobM says (and as per post #1) the LCR needs TT / S3 front end coilovers and mk4 Golf based rears.

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
iirc your first years warranty will be with the supplier/fitter .and KONI's lifetime warranty is limited anyway.so fitting with eibach springs would , i can only guess,void this anyway.

andy-d

I just bought wheels for my lcr but the front touch the calipers .. what spacers did you use ???? front and back
Ta Andy

andy-d

I just put a set of Audi rs6 whhels on my LCR in 18 " but the wheel touches the caliper im worried if i use a 5 or 10mm spacer it might touch the wheel arch has anyone had this problem with this wheel ?
Andy

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
sounds like you have the wrong fitment of wheels mate...

What are the specs/sizes of the wheels you purchased? PCD/Offset etc.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
and it's touching the calipers? On both front wheels, or just one?

Sounds weird - i know lots of people with the rs6 alloys that fit the LCR fine....

andy-d

Are you talking about 19" RS^ wheels or Replica 18" I just tried a 10mm spacer but the wheel is inline with the wheel arch and would prob touch

andy-d

[ it did quote maybe a 3m spacer req but this one needed 10 however i do have new pads on the calliper. The shop realised they f*** up and are glad to replace them for another type of wheel.... but not sure what to get now or even get the org ones refurbed as its lett hassle :-/

andy-d

Probably but forget about clipping peoples mirrors , worry more about touching another car with your wheels first as it will stick out quite a bit. Plus you may get touching the inner wheel arch on full lock

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
All RS6 wheels for a SEAT are replicas - the audi ones have a different PCD so won't fit.

Theres a good handful of LCR or ex LCR owners on here who had RS6 alloys.... I've not heard (or at least remembered) that any of them needed spacers....

Dec 31, 2007
Reading
Great info in here, cheers. however I was just wondering if the info on here regarding ARB's and strut braces is just applicable to LCR, or if fitment is the same across the leon range? I obviously dont need the same level as on an LCR since I only have a SE 110, so how far is it worth going? If im clogging this thread up and you'd rather I posted in a seperate thread, just say so! thanks

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise