Eberspacher problem

dlmcs

Jan 7, 2017
Hi I am a newbie I have 2003 Alhambra tdi 130 it has a Eberspacher rear heater as all of them do. I have a snapon solus pro the heater was giving me the code that the motor inside that moves the air through the burner and out was seized so i bought a new one stripped cleaned and reassenbled now I have this code on the solus 10490 flame sensor grounding I have looked arround the boating forums but the Eberspacher codes do not match the seat codes and as this is seen by the cars can bus system it gives out seat codes my question is does anyone who snapon expeirence and Eberspacher also many thanks

90landrover

Jul 1, 2008
Rhondda,S Wales
If you do a search for 'auxiliary heater problems' you should find loads of responses about these troublesome heaters. Many problems are related to the glow plug failing and the unit not firing. When it does not fire for several consecutive attempts the unit shuts down and the fault has to be reset using a VAGCOM.

dlmcs

Jan 7, 2017
If you do a search for 'auxiliary heater problems' you should find loads of responses about these troublesome heaters. Many problems are related to the glow plug failing and the unit not firing. When it does not fire for several consecutive attempts the unit shuts down and the fault has to be reset using a VAGCOM.
Hi my question was regarding snapon solus which can reset codes and do all that vag.Com can have sorted now thanks

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Have fixed my heater runs lovely now

Last edited:

dlmcs

Jan 7, 2017
On my snapon solus pro I found the auxillary heater in the menu

dlmcs

Jan 7, 2017
Where do you live if you live close to Gloucester I'll put my solus on for you what trouble are you having

akchappers

Jun 27, 2010
Gillingham Dorset.
It's all good now mate. Had aux heater in menu but kept saying link error... sorted the fuse out for my blower and strangely now links. Go figure. However I do now need to change its flow plug....
Thanks for the offer though bud!
Ak

akchappers

Jun 27, 2010
Gillingham Dorset.
I didn't replace the fuse for the booster heater mate. Guessing we are on about the one under the passenger rear door? After I replaced the fuse 51 I could read codes again for mine and it said glow plug failure...
Have you scanned yours? Once it tries to fire 5 times and doesn't it shuts the heater down and will only restart after the codes glacé been cleared...
Have you bridged the thermostat under the front passenger scuttle panel? I did to check of it was my glow plugs as when you do it it will try and start it every time you start the car until it's up to temp.
Ak

90landrover

Jul 1, 2008
Rhondda,S Wales
I have cleared the codes and will now bridge out the temp switch to see if I can get any response from it. May just change the glow plug to see if that helps.

Aaron75

Nov 7, 2015
Aux heater not linking VAGCOM 56 Alhambra

I scanned codes last week and aware that the heater flamed out four times as locked it said as much, however checked this afternoon after replacing one of the front parking sensors and it's not shown by on VAGCOM Autoscan, I tried selecting module direct but alas it's not linking,
AKChappers what is Fuse 51.and where is it located ?

Aaron75

Nov 7, 2015
Auxheater

Ignore last post switched fuses andforsomereason it linked on vagcom now to blooming strip the heater out ?
any how to guides ????

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.