Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
310 HP, special edition.

Full details

DI3llvZXYAE5EQS.jpg:large

34_FRONT_CUPRA_R_studio.jpg

rear.jpg

"The new SEAT Leon CUPRA R will undoubtedly capture show visitor attention on the Spanish brand’s stand at the IAA 2017. SEAT’s most powerful road car in history will also be its most exclusive, owing to the fact that it will be limited to 799 units. The new SEAT Leon CUPRA R will be available with manual gearbox (310 PS) and DSG (300 PS), with six speeds and front wheel drive. There are some stand-out details on the bodywork such as exclusive carbon fibre details on the front and rear spoilers, side skirts and rear diffuser, wing mirrors in copper, as well as the rims, with the wheel arches and the front area getting a new, more powerful design around the air intakes.

The SEAT Leon CUPRA R will be available at the end of 2017 and the 799 lucky owners will be able to enjoy an interior that has also been given the carbon fibre and copper treatment, plus a steering wheel and gearstick upholstered in Alcantara®. There will be three colours to choose from; Midnight Black, Pyrenees Grey (neither with extra cost) and the exclusive Matte Grey.

The new Leon CUPRA R also receives a few extras. On the front axle, the camber has been modified and the adaptive suspension DCC (Dynamic Chassis Control), not forgetting the Brembo brakes. There is a new exhaust system too. So sportier, yes, but above all else a unique and unrepeatable model, reserved for 799 of the brand’s most demanding drivers."

Scott

Last edited:

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Just seen the pics, 310bhp enough for me to ditch my current 420? nah

Only way is if they are all numbered limited edition and have a roll cage haha, I know they are only building 799 but they need to be numbered or else replicas.

Last edited:

perkman1969

Feb 25, 2015
NE England
JACUPRA280 they've nicked your idea for coloured alloys (copper instead of bronze but near enough!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
"The new SEAT Leon CUPRA R will undoubtedly capture show visitor attention on the Spanish brand’s stand at the IAA 2017. SEAT’s most powerful road car in history will also be its most exclusive, owing to the fact that it will be limited to 799 units. The new SEAT Leon CUPRA R will be available with manual gearbox (310 PS) and DSG (300 PS), with six speeds and front wheel drive. There are some stand-out details on the bodywork such as exclusive carbon fibre details on the front and rear spoilers, side skirts and rear diffuser, wing mirrors in copper, as well as the rims, with the wheel arches and the front area getting a new, more powerful design around the air intakes.

The SEAT Leon CUPRA R will be available at the end of 2017 and the 799 lucky owners will be able to enjoy an interior that has also been given the carbon fibre and copper treatment, plus a steering wheel and gearstick upholstered in Alcantara®. There will be three colours to choose from; Midnight Black, Pyrenees Grey (neither with extra cost) and the exclusive Matte Grey.

The new Leon CUPRA R also receives a few extras. On the front axle, the camber has been modified and the adaptive suspension DCC (Dynamic Chassis Control), not forgetting the Brembo brakes. There is a new exhaust system too. So sportier, yes, but above all else a unique and unrepeatable model, reserved for 799 of the brand’s most demanding drivers."

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere
JACUPRA280 they've nicked your idea for coloured alloys (copper instead of bronze but near enough!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, this is the Truman Show but with me in it as the star :lol:. All my best and brightest ideas are taken on by multi-nationals.

Kane7

Oct 23, 2016
Ohh look the front bumper has gone back to its roots of no fog lights.

All but reassures my opinion the pre facelift looks sleeker than the facelift.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Kane7

Oct 23, 2016
310ps Manual or 300ps DSG.

So basically a Cupra 300 with a body kit, The R has become the K1. Queue the comments "its a 300 with a bodykit"
Andrew it's going down the Porsche route. Removed the front fogs and charges you more money for it

Probably have a lighter lithium battery, harder set up of suspension, Brembo big brakes and practically everything else from the 280 sub 8 pack. Probably different interior and colouring.

Was rather hoping they would of gone for the hadlex, atleasr 350bhp possibly 1 back seats removed and a roll cage.

Think they should of just based it on your cupra tbf

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Was rather hoping they would of gone for the hadlex, atleasr 350bhp possibly 1 back seats removed and a roll cage.

Think they should of just based it on your cupra tbf

Did discuss this with them recently haha

Syndrome

Nov 29, 2014
Wiltshire
Love the design of the alloys, colour of the alloys and the colour scheme in general I can't say has grabbed me.

Maybe I'm missing something but it seems like £6k for a PP with bling wheels, questionable colour scheme and stick on trim pieces.

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
Ah I'm a little disappointed at no 4WD considering the test mule spotted looked like it was heading in that direction.

It's more a Cupra type Clubsport with the power gap being smaller than the GTI namesake. Alcantara steering wheel, spoiler, bumpers, buckets and seemingly the digital dash - which indicates this will be released on other trim levels thereafter (MY19?).

Interestingly I wonder if this is why the PP has yet to be released in the UK. Knowing this was coming they would have surely maxed out the upper price point if this came out above that.

I'm now shopping for the next car... it'll be on the shortlist but isn't a must buy.

Last edited:

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Ah I'm a little disappointed at no 4WD considering the test mule spotted looked like it was heading in that direction.

No it wasn't that test mule was spotted when I was in Barcelona for the Leon ST Launch years ago. It wasn't 4wd.

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Yep, was quite funny when it pulled up, just standing there chatting to a mate outside the hotel (Was there for SEAT Leon ST launch) and were were like oh whats that.

The bloke who had driven it there got a right bollocking and off he went. We later discussed whether it was done on purpose.

Last edited:

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
Yep, was quite funny when it pulled up, just standing there chatting to a mate outside the hotel (Was there for SEAT Leon ST launch) and were were like oh whats that.

The bloke who had driven it there got a right bollocking and off he went. We later discussed whether it was done on purpose.

I'm fortunate enough (as I love it) work on in motor manufacturing for a different company and things like this in my experience don't happen accidentally!

Back on topic there's obviously some more to come - the video introducing this car references an announcement of the future of the Cupra brand so maybe this Cupra R is the sighter to get some headlines.

https://youtu.be/a1Y8xV_ceY4

On a side note that Arona FR is gash.

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I'm going to throw this out here and its not something I have hard whispers of so its me making stuff up.

I reckon if they do split Cupra off from SEAT (bit like Citroen and DS) I expect the first car will be a hardcore (Exactly what I want) Cupra (Leon) probably with roll cage etc.

Another question if Cupra does break away what will they call the models, it will no longer be a SEAT Leon Cupra, will it be called a Cupra Leon, Cupra Ateca etc or different.