FR TDI Remap

Crazyhazy

I'm booked in tomorrow afternoon at performance torque in Wolverhampton for a remap - just wanted opinions and feedback if you have been there yourself and had it done!

Crazyhazy

18 and a half thousand - probably 26 and a half thousand by tomorrow night haha

hundleton1

Nov 10, 2007
Pembrokesihre, Wales
i only have just over 2K on the clock so i am waiting till i get it upto atleast 10K before the remap. need to do some driving me thinks:D

how much is the remap, is it going on the rollers as well?

Crazyhazy

Its 300 quid and as far as the rollers are concerned - I honestly have not got a clue, there is a bit of an offer on for SCN members!!

Crazyhazy

An extra 30bhp - ok its 300 quid but you can't be a saint all the time can ya.

Crazyhazy

Went down to Wolverhampton today for the remap, first of all I'm an Oldham fan who lives in Manchester and glad I didnt go :cry: The remap took about an hour or so to do and afterwards, I took it for a quick spin round the industrial estate, you could tell it was different but at the time it just felt a bit strange! I took the missus with me, so on the way home I did a steady 70 on the motorway and elsewhere stuck to the speed limits to show her the difference in mpg (I told her this was the main reason it was being done) - I actually got an average of 49.5!!!!! Considering what I was getting previously this was a good start. Earlier on this evening I took it on the M60 and the difference is unbelievable. 6th gear pulls like 5th did before it was done, all through the gears its exactly as Will said it would be, very smooth - with hardly - if any lag at all. To be honest its like having a different car. There is a section on the motorway with a bad bend which is controlled by 50mph average speed cameras and as you get to the point where normal service is resumed everyone roars off, there was an Audi A3 2.0 TDI with 2 lads in it and a youngish couple in an A4 1.8T - we all accelerated away and I left the pair of them standing and they where both trying believe me!! I am so glad I had it done - cheers Will :)

Watchin FC

Jun 18, 2007
Sunny Oldham
thanks for the update Crazyhazy.

Shame about Latics yesterday, still I bet Shez would rather see Ritchie go through than any other team. Used to watch Oldham myself but they've a habit of not turning up when it really counts and that's frustrating...

Anyway back to the remap. It sounds really good, I'm liking the idea of extra mpg and smoother delivery of power. I think it's about more than just an extra 25-30 bhp.

I'm a newbie as far as these sort of things go but I see a post above questions the mileage on your car. Are remaps best suited to cars with more miles on them? (mine's only 7 and a bit thousand on the clock).

Also, does a remap affect your warranty?

I know the bend on the M60 you mention although why it's a 50 mph limit I'll never know. It's a good chance to whack the cruise on for a few minutes and hit the gas the second you pass by the second set of cameras :D

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
thanks for the update Crazyhazy.

I'm a newbie as far as these sort of things go but I see a post above questions the mileage on your car. Are remaps best suited to cars with more miles on them? (mine's only 7 and a bit thousand on the clock).

Also, does a remap affect your warranty?
Its mainly to ensure any engine / transmission bugs are sorted 7 - 10k is a good start point.
Of course warranty is affected - although certain dealers ARE trying to get SEAT to accept ECU upgrades, as in Europe !! = just take care [so is insurance by the way]

Watchin FC

Jun 18, 2007
Sunny Oldham
Cheers Oldoiler.

Think I might leave mine without the remap then. Don't want to bugger up the warranty unless of course the dealer says it'll be fine!.

P-torque.co.uk

Mar 30, 2006
Wolverhampton
www.p-torque.co.uk
Thats exactly the point I think, even if you have one of the 180bhp ones, you are still going to get an extra 30bhp ...

All I can say is you have to drive it to understand.....figures really dont mean alot until you have driven it. You have read the review above.

Its easy to spike at higher figures to make sales and look great on paper, but then you have a spikey map with early tail offs.

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
All I can say is you have to drive it to understand.....figures really dont mean alot until you have driven it. You have read the review above.

Its easy to spike at higher figures to make sales and look great on paper, but then you have a spikey map with early tail offs.
Its the to r q u e. ................... that you'll notice most of all and the ability to rev to 5k plus [ having had my mini One done by yourselve's, P_torque have come along way since then]

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.