Cold weather questions

who.am.i

Leon FR
Jan 23, 2016
EU
Hello guys.
Today was -8 outside,and drive 300km before noticed that i dont hear windshield fluid motor. Wipers eorks fine.
Is it just blown fuse?i checked under steering wheel. Must admit that i miss layout printed inside fuse box.

And anyone noticed how about heated nozzle?are they always on or turn on when cold?!

Poslano z mojega D5803 z uporabo Tapatalk

EDIT: excuse my speed. Manual in my languange is useless with no fuse layout. On this forum i found english manual and layout. It was fuse in engine bay. Not blown,just re-insert and working.

How about that :-D

Last edited:

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
I'm making 2 assumptions here...

1. You don't have headlight washers hence if you are out of washer fluid, you are out and the only way you know is when you pull the stalk and no screenwash! The winter pack cars have headlight washers and an annoying warning sounds when you are low on washer fluid.

2. You have put the correct mix of winter screenwash and that it has not frozen in the tank. In London is unlikely screenwash freezes but as you said -8 its possible.

If you are sure of the above 2, then it's possible you may have blown a fuse.

who.am.i

Leon FR
Jan 23, 2016
EU
Washing works fine not. Put in -30 fluid. I can hear motor.
It was as i said,just have to re-insert fuse. It was not blown.

I want to know about heated nozzles. Are they auto on when cold outside or must turn on mirrors/rear defroster?

Poslano z mojega D5803 z uporabo Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members