Front Assist

Lawtonater9

Nov 18, 2016
Manchester
Does anybody have this enabled? If so do you rate it?
I was commuting in the Cupra this morning and a crisp packet (yes, really) blew across the road, the radar picked it up and slammed on the breaks.
Luckily no car behind me but it brought the car from 30mph down to 5 in seconds. Sensitivity on medium as well.
It's never really helped me tbh in the year i've owned the car:...

MEZ44

Aug 7, 2016
I have front assist, although that hasn't happened to me i do believe it has a mind of its own sometimes. In many cases it has done its job and I'm grateful for that. But at other times it fails to pick up nearly stationary cars at traffic lights (i was pretty much testing if it still works)
Also front assist doesn't seem to work in tunnels well, adaptive cruise control which I believe works off the same sensors, went completely bonkers when driving through a tunnel. It down shifted and went into attack mode when there was a car like 5 meters infront. Forced me to brake very hard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

WaveyDaveyGravy

But I'm so tasty
Jan 3, 2006
Shipley
I have adaptive cruise and it's brilliant. Never had the car jam on, though I also have had a couple of occasions where approaching a stationary car you get the feeling it isn't going to stop. Braking manually isn't a chore though!

Lawtonater9

Nov 18, 2016
Manchester
I have front assist, although that hasn't happened to me i do believe it has a mind of its own sometimes. In many cases it has done its job and I'm grateful for that. But at other times it fails to pick up nearly stationary cars at traffic lights (i was pretty much testing if it still works)
Also front assist doesn't seem to work in tunnels well, adaptive cruise control which I believe works off the same sensors, went completely bonkers when driving through a tunnel. It down shifted and went into attack mode when there was a car like 5 meters infront. Forced me to brake very hard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll watch out for the tunnel one thanks.

I have adaptive cruise and it's brilliant. Never had the car jam on, though I also have had a couple of occasions where approaching a stationary car you get the feeling it isn't going to stop. Braking manually isn't a chore though!

I guess I'll leave it enabled now, just for the extra safety factor. Might turn the sensitivity down though because what happened yesterday was a joke.

rickster665

Rickster665
Mar 8, 2017
Rotherham
Front assist is abit hit and miss for me

Sometimes itll bleep when im a while off some times i can basicly be bumper to bumper most of the time i think it has eus and sees the break lights its sensitive to the brake lights no matter the distance

MIKEDAVIDN

Dec 3, 2016
I would prefer to have adaptive cruise control than not have it, the only time it brakes when it doesn’t need too is when the car in front turns off left at a junction and the car thinks you are going to crash in to it but in reality the car has already turned off by the time you are at the junction.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise