Buy used or new through a broker

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Confusingly, SLI will allow me to build a car with bucket seats and Winter Pack :confused:

Obviously I'm not not going to order a car just to see if it throws up any error messages, but normally any incompatible options are flagged before I get to that stage...

Click on the small "i" icon next to the bucket seat option - it should tell you if heated is included.

Edit - look on page 15 of this price list - bucket seat option includes heating

https://web1.seat.co.uk/sites/default/files/new-leon-pricelist-december-2017-v2.pdf

Last edited:

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
Click on the small "i" icon next to the bucket seat option - it should tell you if heated is included.

Edit - look on page 15 of this price list - bucket seat option includes heating

https://web1.seat.co.uk/sites/default/files/new-leon-pricelist-december-2017-v2.pdf
We already know that (read back through the thread) - the confusion is that the configurator is saying the Winter Pack isn't compatible with bucket seats, but SLI is allowing it. What Big poppa John wants to know is cn he have heated washer jets and headlamp wash, and will he still be charged the full £370 for the Winter Pack when he already gets heated seats with the bucket seats.

ben4012

Sep 20, 2016
Drivethedeal for me. Came in less than carwow both times. So much better without haggling.

Big poppa John

Jan 8, 2018
Staffordshire
We already know that (read back through the thread) - the confusion is that the configurator is saying the Winter Pack isn't compatible with bucket seats, but SLI is allowing it. What Big poppa John wants to know is cn he have heated washer jets and headlamp wash, and will he still be charged the full £370 for the Winter Pack when he already gets heated seats with the bucket seats.

Exactly. Surely you should still be able to have the headlamp washers and washer jets but not have to pay the whole £370 for the winter pack.

Big poppa John

Jan 8, 2018
Staffordshire
On a side note, does anybody actually have the bucket seats and are they worth the additional outlay? I have upgraded alcanter/leather seats in my Leon FR and think they are very good seats however the buckets just look right in the Cupra. It's probably going to be a toss up between the buckets or the Pano.

ganticus

May 5, 2014
Got my 290 Black for Broker4cars. Got no customer service at all during the 4 months wait but I saved 7 grand so I didn't really care!

Buckets are very nice.

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
Surely you should still be able to have the headlamp washers and washer jets but not have to pay the whole £370 for the winter pack.
I've had a couple of instances in my time with SEAT where we've been able to order a car only to later be told an incompatible option has to be removed.

I fired off a quick e-mail to the product team in Milton Keynes this afternoon, so if I get a reply before you get a definitive answer elsewhere I'll let you know...

Big poppa John

Jan 8, 2018
Staffordshire
I've had a couple of instances in my time with SEAT where we've been able to order a car only to later be told an incompatible option has to be removed.

I fired off a quick e-mail to the product team in Milton Keynes this afternoon, so if I get a reply before you get a definitive answer elsewhere I'll let you know...

Nice one. To say it's confusing is an understatement.

Big poppa John

Jan 8, 2018
Staffordshire
Does anybody know if either the Driving Assist Pack or Advanced Comfort & Driving Pack require extra hardware or can all the individual items they include be coded in? I thinking of speccing Adaptive Cruise Control if that makes a difference.

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
Does anybody know if either the Driving Assist Pack or Advanced Comfort & Driving Pack require extra hardware or can all the individual items they include be coded in? I thinking of speccing Adaptive Cruise Control if that makes a difference.

I think to have any chance of doing this you will require the radar sensor (acc) And the camera that is mounted just above the rear view mirror. Look for traffic sign recognition.

Although there is two ways using the sat nav or using the camera.

I think driving assistance pack would be the way to go. Although I don’t recommend trying to code the emergency braking system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big poppa John

Jan 8, 2018
Staffordshire
Had a few figures back from brokers. Buyanewcaronline.co.uk are the cheapest followed by Broker4Cars, Discounted New Cars and Autoebid. There's about £400 difference between the 4 mentioned. Have any of you guys used any of these brokers? Do you think it's worth trying to play each one off the other or will I be wasting my time?
I can't decide whether to go with ACC, I've never had it so do I really need it? Then again it's £155. Also can't make my mind up whether to add the Driving Assist Pack at £350 the Advanced Comfort & Driving Pack at £620 or to leave both off. Have any of you guys added any of these and if so how useful are they or not?
I do still have 2 dillema though, I was set on Mystery Blue but it seems every facelift Leon I see at the minute is Mystery Blue. I also like the look of the Urban Silver Metallic in the brochure but I haven't seen one in the flesh. Has anybody seen one? Not sure which to go with now!
It's still not clear what the situation is with the bucket seats and the winter pack. If anybody has both on their car did they spec buckets and winter pack or just buckets and it came with the headlamp washers and screen nozzle?

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
I do still have 2 dillema though, I was set on Mystery Blue but it seems every facelift Leon I see at the minute is Mystery Blue. I also like the look of the Urban Silver Metallic in the brochure but I haven't seen one in the flesh. Has anybody seen one? Not sure which to go with now!
New colours are always popular, so there are more Desire Red and Mystery Blue Leon being ordered than any other colour, but does it really matter if you like it?

Our current ST demonstrator (an SE Technology) is Urban Silver. I'm a huge fan (my next Ateca is Reflex Silver) but many aren't so resale value is a concern.

karrenstanly

Jan 15, 2018
Hi , I believe you can use any broker but some points needed to be taken care of. As you're going to invest a lot in your car whether it's a Used or new one you must verify the details of broker accreditation. Before, finalizing anything you must think twice. In my personal experience I have purchased a car through broker and In my case I have satisfactorily checked all the details and major things that should be kept in our mind.

I have also convincingly verified all the dealers on the web and also visited some of them after consulting with my broker. Make sure to do you homework and check the dealership is verified or not.

Broker can be very useful if you don't have any idea with some aspects of purchasing but make sure to go through the web before anything. So, its your choice I am in favor of broker but with certain standards.