electrical forum

Adam R

Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word
Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
Every other car forum i have been on they have had a electrical forum.
this then had child forums for each of the models.
these child forums contained everything to do with elctrical problems, wiring issues and any modifications people are doing to their standard wiring looms.

i am currently trying to fit electric and heated mirrors to my mk3 ibiza. there is nothing on here regarding the modifications that have to be done to get the mirrors working etc, and to be honest im sure this must be a fairly popular mod for the 1.4 ers due to we only have manual mirrors and when we get our hands on cupra door cards, we are stuffed as there is no guidline on how to do all the wiring.

since the stock wiring loom is different between the mk3 1.4, 1.6 and 1.8t models it is not jst as easy as plug and play!!!

i think i will have to write another FAQ for doing this mod as there is nothing about!,

Adam R

Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
Are you complaining that there isn't a guide, or that you might have to do it?

:lol:haha, not at all. i enjoy challanges.

im not complaining there isnt a guide or that i have to do it myself. i was asking for a forum where wiring diagrams could be readily avalible for anyone trying to mod things!

it looks like i will make a guide myself which is no problem for me. i have already done a guide which you can see in my sig. unfortunatly that was not made a sticky so still people are asking how to do it!

Adam

Stan 24v

Apr 7, 2007
Blackpool
I know what you mean mate, a lot of other places have model specific sections which are then broken down into interior, exterior, electrical etc etc. I think part of the issue here is that it caters for so many models as opposed to the MKIV's, Corrado forums etc which cater for one type of car.

However, a generic forum could be a good idea ie all electrical, all bodywork, all suspension etc

Adam R

Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
I know what you mean mate, a lot of other places have model specific sections which are then broken down into interior, exterior, electrical etc etc. I think part of the issue here is that it caters for so many models as opposed to the MKIV's, Corrado forums etc which cater for one type of car.

However, a generic forum could be a good idea ie all electrical, all bodywork, all suspension etc

yep, thats what i was kinda getting at. electrical stuff is generally very simular across the whole VAG range. yes there are differences but for things like electric wingmirror replacment, sound system lighting circuits etc, they will be broad enough to use for most cars

si-mate

Jai Ho or Jay Ho?
May 31, 2004
Kunt Centryside
The more sections and sub-sections there are the less likely it is that posts will go into the correct area of the forum.

Sections make little difference anyway to the people that use the search and browse by todays posts / new posts.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members