Installing Fan washers

slamka33

Dec 6, 2014
Mod applied, thank you for nice tip.

Mounting time less then 1min for one side, no tool is needed. Just open the hood, with fingers gently push the original sprayer out, with fingers open the plastic connector, exchange for jet washer and same way back.

Setting of the jet washer is needed, highest possition is the best available setting, but even with this setting jet washers sprays quite low on a window, so will see what will be at 100kmh.... This is the only "-" for this mod.

Wish you a lot of km without accident! Happy new year!

chrisRibiza

Sep 27, 2007
I had mine set quite high but when driving discovered it was spraying the roof more than the window so I have lowered the position again.

trebor

Dec 13, 2014
Worcester
Ordered a set of heated ones. Did 300 mile journey on Tuesday and with the spray from the salted roads I was forever cleaning the screen, and with the jets it usually took 2 or 3 squirts to get the whole screen cleaned.

gartner

Oct 25, 2014
Ordered a set of heated ones. Did 300 mile journey on Tuesday and with the spray from the salted roads I was forever cleaning the screen, and with the jets it usually took 2 or 3 squirts to get the whole screen cleaned.

So you are not satisfied and pistol jets did a better job if I understand correctly?

trebor

Dec 13, 2014
Worcester
So you are not satisfied and pistol jets did a better job if I understand correctly?

Nope, the car has the pistol jets and the long drive prompted me to order the fan jets. They arrived yesterday so will fit them at the weekend and hopefully I will see better screen cleaning performance.

gartner

Oct 25, 2014
Nope, the car has the pistol jets and the long drive prompted me to order the fan jets. They arrived yesterday so will fit them at the weekend and hopefully I will see better screen cleaning performance.

Oh, yes, now I understand, I thought you already had them fitted. Thank you, I almost changed my mind about ordering it.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.