Non starter

darren.sink

Mar 3, 2017
Hi. I have 2010 altea xl, it won't show any ignition lights or turn over help please 

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

darren.sink

Mar 3, 2017
Yeh . Car cut out last week but started after a couple mins. Garage had it on computer but couldn't find a fault. Just when u turn ignition u can hear relay ticking but no ignition light/ handbrake light etc

cg82lee@gmail.

cg82lee
Feb 17, 2015
Sounds like a bad connection to battery terminal or wires somewhere , if showing no faults ??? I am all out of ideas ?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

darren.sink

Mar 3, 2017
If it was a faulty ignition would the computer pick that up

cg82lee@gmail.

cg82lee
Feb 17, 2015
Yeh . Car cut out last week but started after a couple mins. Garage had it on computer but couldn't find a fault. Just when u turn ignition u can hear relay ticking but no ignition light/ handbrake light etc

Check ignition fuses too , sure there is one for that , does anything else work ? Windows interior lights etc ?

cg82lee@gmail.

cg82lee
Feb 17, 2015
The fault needs to occur at the time to be seen , very difficult to see intermittent ones

lleiro

Feb 16, 2017
Don't know if you speak spanish and/or if I can post a YT link put this guy takes the relay 109 out and he taps lightly on it...

youtube.com/watch?v=LxkEMFlVMdk

This other guy found a fault in the Xeon headlight....

Go figure...

youtube.com/watch?v=YGc_LCOrJrk

Last edited:

lleiro

Feb 16, 2017
if it is similar to my 07 altea it will probably be on a panel left of the light switch. You remove the botton one for the fuses and the obd connector and the upper one will reveal the relays.

Could be on the engine compartment too. Gotta check the manual if you have it and this is probably a good read along with the link included in the thread:

forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?p=300195

darren.sink

Mar 3, 2017
The father in law removed the top 373 relay to go get a new one but they didn't have one so he just put it back in and hey presto it worked. Then bit later won't turn over

lleiro

Feb 16, 2017
The father in law removed the top 373 relay to go get a new one but they didn't have one so he just put it back in and hey presto it worked. Then bit later won't turn over

Then that relay is going like the spaniard guy in the first YT link,

Is the 373 a light relay?

darren.sink

Mar 3, 2017
I've no idea what relay it is I cannot find any drawing of relay layouts

lleiro

Feb 16, 2017
I am trying to find what 373 does and all I could get is something like "Daytime Running Lamp Relay"

This seems to be a much better resource although when it gets to 373 it does not shed too much light:

volkswagen-polo-highline.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/vag-relay-indetification.html

At any rate at least you have a suspect but 109 controls the ECU.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.