Cupra Newbie!

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
Hola (that's Spanish, right?!),

Anyway, new to the forum, new to Cupra ownership in that I don't actually OWN one yet! However, I've just stuck my deposit down on one and have reserved my build slot ready to have my spanking new Cupra 300 SC delivered on 19th July (when my current company car lease ends!)...

239 days and counting :whistle:

I did want the Cupra R, but had about as much hope of getting one as Robert Mugabe has of becoming a peace envoy, so I've 'settled'(!!) for the standard Cupra in Mystery Blue with a few optional extras :D

Well, that's me. Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I'll be spending the next few days mooching through the forums and taking a look at what everyone else has :D

hepstar7

Oct 6, 2017
Hola (that's Spanish, right?!),

Anyway, new to the forum, new to Cupra ownership in that I don't actually OWN one yet! However, I've just stuck my deposit down on one and have reserved my build slot ready to have my spanking new Cupra 300 SC delivered on 19th July (when my current company car lease ends!)...

239 days and counting :whistle:

I did want the Cupra R, but had about as much hope of getting one as Robert Mugabe has of becoming a peace envoy, so I've 'settled'(!!) for the standard Cupra in Mystery Blue with a few optional extras :D

Well, that's me. Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I'll be spending the next few days mooching through the forums and taking a look at what everyone else has :D

Hey bud!
No idea how you can wait that long! I ordered on 30/9/17 and hope to get mine before the end of the year. The wait is killing me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
Hmm... Left it a bit tight on lead time... Hope you don't die before you get old... Or delivery of your Cupra! :weedy:

:rofl:

Well there was a bit of method in the madness! I’ve basically tried and test driven everything from an A3 S-Line, to an S3, to a Golf R, Merc A250 AMG, Golf GTI and GTE, and I liked the Cupra the most as it quite clearly offers the best blend of understated performance (which I like) and best bang for my £££, so I stuck my deposit down even though I have to wait a while!

It’s my birthday in July too so it’ll be a nice present to myself!

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
Well, the collection date for mine is fast approaching. I’ve pushed it back slightly to 28th July, and I’ve got a nice resonator delete kit sat in my house waiting to go on... It’s booked to go up on the ramps on the day I collect it ...

I’ve changed my mind on the colour too, and managed to change my order from Mystery Blue to Eclipse Orange

Bensb93

Jun 2, 2018
Please do share photo's.

I dont think I have seen an Eclipse Orange SC in the flesh.

I haven't even had mine a week yet and I am constantly making excuses to go out and drive it!

I am sure you are counting the days!!

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
Please do share photo's.

I dont think I have seen an Eclipse Orange SC in the flesh.

I haven't even had mine a week yet and I am constantly making excuses to go out and drive it!

I am sure you are counting the days!!

Will do, I’ll get some photos up once I’ve collected it. I’m taking it for a nice road trip (about 250 miles) through the Brecon Beacons and down the Heads of the Valleys road on the first day

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members