Brembo Brakes 280 Sub8

mcmillanja280

Sep 2, 2017
Does anyone know where I can find parts for my Leon Cupar 280 Sub8? It’s factory fitted with a brambo braking system which is super expensive to have changed at the main dealer. They typically are quoting discs and pads which I would normally change myself if only I could find a supplier. Surely I’m not the only one with this setup?

Last edited:

Joe85

Mar 30, 2016
Hi,
I've been having the same issues and mine need to be replaced asap!

I recently noticed that Seat do "fixed price transparent maintenance" on their website but couldn't see any terms and conditions to state that Cupra, specifically Sub8 packs are exempt from this deal. Therefore front pads should cost £125 and font discs and pads should cost £299 (all in cost).

I therefore contacted my local dealer, got a quote for the parts plus fitting (£400 for pads, £1000 for pads and discs) and then challenged them on the issue of false advertisement and misleading customers etc. I ended up getting the dealer to contact Seat UK who initially tried to get out of honoring their advertised maintenance costs but today they relented. I am now booked in for discs and pads for £299 but they have informed me that they're updating their terms and conditions as a result of me finding the loop hole.

I would suggest contacting them and trying your luck.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Does anyone know where I can find parts for my Leon Cupar 280 Sub8? It’s factory fitted with a brambo braking system which is super expensive to have changed at the main dealer. They typically are quoting discs and pads which I would normally change myself if only I could find a supplier. Surely I’m not the only one with this setup?

Once you get above the regular 340mm setup - everything seems to be silly money.

The sub 8 brakes are basically RS3 or TTRS brakes at 370mm dia

The discs alone are normally over £440 a pair on a good day.

Last edited:

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
TPS can supply the parts. MTEC can also supply discs.

I'm having to have new discs made for my Brembo kit they are coming in at about £500 for 2 discs, a lot cheaper than the £800 each Brembo Motorsport want.

mcmillanja280

Sep 2, 2017
Dealer stood their ground and quoted regular Cupra prices at £480. They then said I could have it at £299 once I showed them how I made the booking and they quoted £369.00 in a recent service. They then realised they still got things miles off when they found they were fitting 380mm brembo discs. However they kept to their word invoicing me £299 and getting Seat HQ to pay up for the rest!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.