Front washers stopped - motor still working

CooptoCupra

Mar 2, 2013
Leicestershire
Hi everyone,

Probably a silly question but i'm good at these....:)

My front windscreen washers have stopped working, i've checked the motor and it's still working so it's not the fuse. By the looks of it the water is spraying out of the back of the eyelets under the black cover beneath the wiper on the drivers side and there is nothing coming out of the passenger side eyelet.

I'm assuming this is a simple case of the pipe splitting/coming off and that i can get to it by taking the plastic covering and wipers off? I wanted to check before taking it apart and realising i was wrong.....

Thanks for your help

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
The washer jets will pull out and you can check if the hose is split or detached, try this before going for the wipers & scuttle plate removal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
It's also worth sticking a thin needle into each washer jet before dismantling anything.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

BadBoy03

A Mk1 Is For Life, Not Just For Fun
Sep 6, 2016
Somerset
Would expect the pipe to have popped off under the scuttle, especially after ice. Remove the wipers, but make sure you set them back in the same position. Then take off the plastic scuttle. You have access to all the pipes, and they simply slip over the jet nozzle. If there is a split, just cut to a fresh end and re-attatch. It is a quick job & allows you to inspect the pipes. If you are noticing water pumping out near the front wheel arch, it probably is just pumping outside instead of through the pipes.

CooptoCupra

Mar 2, 2013
Leicestershire
All done, I think the joining rubber pipe near the eyelet had just come loose as I pulled the rubber beading off near the scuttle and squeezed my hand just under it to get to the joints, pulled them off and put them on again and it worked!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.