New site & Server almost ready

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
Nice work guys, it looks amazing! :D

I like the new forum skins. It doesn't resemble vBulletin at all now. A very unique look to it.

I also like the #1 logo that appears on your favourites once you add the forum to them. ;)

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Thank you folks for the kind feedback.

There will obviously still be a few bugs to overcome, but were still working through a pretty large list of fixes and improvements.

Martyn has done an absolute stirling job moving us over to the new server, with the least possible disruption, and the speed and functionality are really impressive.

m0rk is still in the process of producing the new main website. Which is still very raw, compared to how we expect we can make it look, so expect that to be more polished over time as we get more knowledgeable and creative with the software.

All the other folks who have helped out during this transition, deserve our gratitude too.

Don't forget the site is as much about its members as it is about SEAT's, so we'll want content for the website, reviews, articles etc, please submit them to us, and we'll put your name up in lights.

You don't need to be Jeremy Clarkson, to tell us about a test drive, or your own car, or something you bought, or something you did. :)

Cheers

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Yup - to reitterate Z's comments it's really easy for us to do, less page linking - and ultimately that was my downfall for the previous site - I brought it in just before we got a lot bigger!

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I'll add to that 'its popular'

currently over 139 viewing it right now, but over 16,000 unique visitors (12,000 on Winxp)

Also beginning to be listed on google, which is a relief.

The search logs prove interesting reading - and show me what I need to write guides for as well

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
sorry - I meant to add - that's the main site logs, not the forum logs or server logs

also all the dropped links revert to the main site (and people are searching on that for what they want)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.