Fitting LCR splitter

Nick_J

Dec 18, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
I didn't raise my car just did it on my drive with a good old screw driver (although my hands were in pain after i spent the few hours doing it).

It will be benefitial if you do pilot holes, the bumper wonn't crack if you use a small screw/drill piece on a slow setting!! :)

Similar with Nick_A, i didnt raise my car, I reversed my whole car up a kurb (using some ramps!), with just the front bumper hanging off the edge, gives abit more room :)

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
i wouldn't recommend pilot holes in the bumper as the self-tapping screws are designed to make the hole themselves for a tight fit...the splitter will be more secure this way :)

before:
FR2-1.jpg

after:
DSC02828.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2009
Glasgow
i bought the lcr splitter and attempted ot fit it today but my god was it a mess...i have the ibiza cupra tdi, and at the bottom of my bumper there is a bit which sticks out at both sides, so when trying to attach the splitter it was'nt sitting flush the whole way round...anyone else had the same problem with the cupre?I'll take pics in the morning and maybe that will explain it more...

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
i bought the lcr splitter and attempted ot fit it today but my god was it a mess...i have the ibiza cupra tdi, and at the bottom of my bumper there is a bit which sticks out at both sides, so when trying to attach the splitter it was'nt sitting flush the whole way round...anyone else had the same problem with the cupre?I'll take pics in the morning and maybe that will explain it more...

I made 4 spacers to even up the bottom of the splitter (2 on each side). I cut 4 equal pieces of copper pipe....roughly 2cm long, and sandwiched them in the gap by driving a screw through them. You can just about see two in this pic below

P1000051.jpg

Also make sure that you don't cut the two tabs in the middle of the splitter too much, otherwise it'll push up in the middle. I sprayed the spacers black too so they don't stand out. Hope that helps

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
this is something i put together for another guy who was confused about what to cut off.

untitled-3.jpg

thats how i done it and the splitter fits nice and snug

Jan 28, 2009
Glasgow
I made 4 spacers to even up the bottom of the splitter (2 on each side). I cut 4 equal pieces of copper pipe....roughly 2cm long, and sandwiched them in the gap by driving a screw through them. You can just about see two in this pic below

Also make sure that you don't cut the two tabs in the middle of the splitter too much, otherwise it'll push up in the middle. I sprayed the spacers black too so they don't stand out. Hope that helps

i see...ok that makes a little more sense...so basically your saying fit the splitter on the bits that stick out and then fill the gaps in with a few spacers??
how hard is it to take the front bumper off? would you mind running through it, cheers :)

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
i see...ok that makes a little more sense...so basically your saying fit the splitter on the bits that stick out and then fill the gaps in with a few spacers??
how hard is it to take the front bumper off? would you mind running through it, cheers :)

Yes, use spacers to stop the splitter warping upwards in the middle.

It's better not to remove the bumper when fitting the splitter as the bumper can flex and would make fitting it quite difficult.

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
Yes, use spacers to stop the splitter warping upwards in the middle.

It's better not to remove the bumper when fitting the splitter as the bumper can flex and would make fitting it quite difficult.

just to make it a lil clearer...the spacers are only recommended for Cupra facelift bumper due to the small lips on either end

V2CCD

tutorial helped really well, cheers, i think it completes the front end and really sets it off

CJFR

Ibiza FR TDi PD150
Nov 19, 2006
Northern Ireland
Heres a couple of examples of mine when i had the pre-facelift bumper:-

020.jpg

6.jpg

P.S. I fitted mine about an inch back so it would sit lower.

If you want i can post a pic of the splitter on the prefacelift bumper while its off the car, as mine has been gathering dust for a good while. (i'll sell it if you're it interested, comes with the FR grills and fogs)

Last edited:

scoobsta1990

i know this might be a dumb question but im new to this forum where do you get the spiltter from?

Oj 89

Senior junior member
Aug 19, 2008
NW Kent
i know this might be a dumb question but im new to this forum where do you get the spiltter from?

Part Number's in the first post (in brackets, starts with 1M) Ring up your local dealer and get the to order you one. Go pick it up and watch their face drop in horror when they see you parl up in an Ibiza. I've fitted 2 now, so they're used to it :)

wedgie27

LIL_WDG
Jul 1, 2008
Worcester
Awesome! I'm guna pop up to my local dealer tomorrow to order one.....they look amaziing. My mate has just fitted one on a fabia vRS and that looks mint too......but it looks better on the Ibiza!! :D

Acksaw

Confused
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle, Staffs
www.acksaw.com
Few Q's for those in the know.. I've cut down the V's so they are flush now, bit messy but will sandpaper them to neaten it up.

Do I sit the middle 2 pieces flush up against the small lip that is at the back of the bumper? How much do I need to cut back off each piece near the wheels?

Anyone near Stoke fancy fitting it me?! :D:D

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.