Forum maintenance upgrade - 02/09/08

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
Looks good, very smoooooooth :D

I have only two suggestion/problems, but it's the only ones I've come up with so far:

The little suggestion - stickied threads at the top of forum sections used to have a different coloured background, which was really helpful to pick them out (yes, I know they're at the top, but it separated them from the new posts below really well). Any chance of getting something similar?

The bigger problem - I'm on my mums laptop with a 15" screen and the 'notice' at the top has got offset waaaaaaay to the right by almost a full screen's width.

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
What the f...... how the f....... where the f.......

Oh man ............ :(

Gonna take some getting used to this ..... doubt i can leave it open all day at work with those big shiney cars / logos new post things...

The stretching to full screen width is a little odd..........
Not convinced on the side bar thing either ..... but it'll probably grow on me ..

Not knocking it at all .... obviously a number of people have put a lot of work (unpaid it should be noted!) into it ... and i'm sure once i'm over the shock .. it'll be like second nature to me again .. :)

Poverty

The auto image resizing doesnt work but I bet you guys know that ;)

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
The stalker in me prefered the 'user is online now' bright line as opposed to the small icon. I guess this is more inline with other forum setups. I only ever saw that on SCN.

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
"Mark forums as read" is missing from the bottom set of links..

Anyway that we can make the posted text / user name display a smaller font size (looked in control panel) .. the same size as the text size in the quick reply box would be nice ?

Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
Wow different for sure.

As above doubt i could leave it open all day at work, Might have to do some work now though.

Well done guys need to go get used to it now.

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
I can only see my reply though. The original guy's (didn't remember name) post that was merged is not in here? bug?.

No it's in there somewhere. I can't remember who started the thread, but it's in there.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.