HIDs - What kind? Tips and Pics inside.

random-phil

If you take the kit out in one piece, it only takes <5 mins to reinstall them. Drilling holes in the headlamp covers is what prolonged the original installation, the rest of it is easy.

any tips for drilling holes then mate?? :think:

random-phil

Fair enough... Kit arrived today anyway so have a go on sat hopefully... looks simple enough like... famous last words.

random-phil

Job done.... not to bad... ya want a 25mm auger drill bit for the holes in the headlamp cover, was no problem.

Finding a pace for the ballast was my only issue... on the drivers side anyway. Happy with the results tho :)

safc_chris

Jan 3, 2013
need huge help..
I have a 61 plate seat ibiza 1.4 copa edition. I have been after brighter lights in the front but also a brighter light in my redge plate.. so far all i have came up with is some halfords (legal ) blue tinted brighter standard bulbs..tbh.. dont have a clue about all the leds and smd's.. been told some bulbs can melt plastics and bring up warning lights on dash etc.. and dont want anything to affect my warrenty.. any help from someone who knows alot more than me ?

AdamNajak

Feb 20, 2013
Bolton
This leads us onto fitting.

Whether you decide to mount the ballasts in the engine bay, or inside the light unit is your choice. The obvious difference being that inside the light unit will keep the engine bay that little bit tidier, and will prevent you from having to cut a hole in the back covers of the lights. If you decide to mount them inside the light unit you will need "Slim" ballasts as mentioned above.

The wiring is very simple, although it can look daunting. The wires are normally colour coded to each other which you connect before putting the kit into the car. The spade connectors wire into the plug from the original bulb.

Here is some pictures to show how the inside of the light unit looks with everything inside. The red square is where the ballast is placed.
covers2.jpg

Lightcloseup2.jpg

Is it safe to mount the balasts within the headlight unit?

Krissy

dirtier than my diesel
May 19, 2016
Glasgow
anyone tried buildin custom projectors? i have built some in past for a few mondeos and a golf mk 5. curious to see if anyone has done them on an ibiza?

troopermk1

Apr 11, 2012
Bolton
I suffer from nyctalopia (night blindness) and i really need a bulb/led or HID conversion that will give me maximum reach of light to help with this, any suggestions?

kanyewest

Oct 4, 2018
NW
i have the double bulb headlights. wondering if anyones put any LED sidelights in there? the ones i have now are dim and i want something bright or coloured

kanyewest

Oct 4, 2018
NW
is it possible to change the sidelights without having to remove the whole unit? i have a cluster not single bulb

mofofunk

Ibiza 1.8T 20v FR
Apr 7, 2014
Preston
Great thread, helped me get mine fitted few years ago - Prob worth putting at the top of this thread that these are now an MOT failure as i found out a few weeks back; due to a change to MOT standrds I believe,

Cheers